Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best placed to buy Brembo brake replacement rings

Old 08-24-2015, 06:58 PM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Default best placed to buy Brembo brake replacement rings

or is there a substitute that will work with the hats?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:38 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Try Ken with KnS Brakes on here.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:38 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by z06801
StopTech rotor rings are the same - so a 355 x 32 StopTech is the same (dimension-ally) as the Brembo.

One thing I will mention is that the StopTechs will not work as well as the Brembo rotors, your brake system will run hotter and you will go through a StopTech rotor much quicker than a Brembo rotor.

The StopTech's only have 36 cooling vanes (vs 72 on the Brembo) and the face slotting is less than ideal, I also believe the metal to be inferior, the Brembo's may be more expensive but there is more to a rotor than just cost. Think of the rotor as the radiator of your brake system a better rotor can dissipate heat much better than a cheaper rotor. Heck throw a post up on the "got a brake question thread" and see what people say on there - a lot of smart brake guys monitoring that thread.

On the other hand I think there may be some AP rotors that will work but it would take some digging to find.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:05 AM
z06801
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 201 Posts

Default best placed to buy Brembo brake replacement rings

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
StopTech rotor rings are the same - so a 355 x 32 StopTech is the same (dimension-ally) as the Brembo.

One thing I will mention is that the StopTechs will not work as well as the Brembo rotors, your brake system will run hotter and you will go through a StopTech rotor much quicker than a Brembo rotor.

The StopTech's only have 36 cooling vanes (vs 72 on the Brembo) and the face slotting is less than ideal, I also believe the metal to be inferior, the Brembo's may be more expensive but there is more to a rotor than just cost. Think of the rotor as the radiator of your brake system a better rotor can dissipate heat much better than a cheaper rotor. Heck throw a post up on the "got a brake question thread" and see what people say on there - a lot of smart brake guys monitoring that thread.

On the other hand I think there may be some AP rotors that will work but it would take some digging to find.
Thanks for the input guys. I have no complaints on how long much I have gotten out of these Brembo rings. Pushed them a little passed where I should have, but still haven't cracked. at least a season and a half of racing and TT. They have been in the car though the 2013 season. Hasn't been raced this year but hoping to make the last two events. I'll check with Ken see what he has.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:02 PM
2 GTOs
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

Thanks for the input guys. I have no complaints on how long much I have gotten out of these Brembo rings. Pushed them a little passed where I should have, but still haven't cracked. at least a season and a half of racing and TT. They have been in the car though the 2013 season. Hasn't been raced this year but hoping to make the last two events. I'll check with Ken see what he has.
I have to say, my brembo rotors are lasting incredibly long. 15 + track days and 2 races
Old 08-26-2015, 02:28 AM
jd86L98
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I posted the same tread a few months ago. I haven't replaced them yet, and didn't find any strong alternatives. There was one vendor online that had a fancy website and claimed to be making replacement rings comparable to Brembo quality
Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM
TorontoC6
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Have not found an AP rotor. Have tried Racing Brakes rotors, stoptech, and now only use the brembo's. They are expensive but last forever (18+ track days). I buy mine from LG.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:51 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

two questions

1. I too run the brembo two piece rotors in 365 size. In order to get caliper clearance inside the rim I need to run a 1/4 spacer. Would I get more clearance and be able to run a 355 size rotor? Or will the caliper remain in the same location?

2. If number is possible, will the 355 ring work with my current hat?
Old 08-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

On my C6Z with the Brembo GT kit I upgraded from the 355mm rotors to the 350x34mm 72-vane wide annulus rotors and they made a huge different in heat dissipation and pad life. It did require different caliper brackets for the GT kit and a different pad shape that seems to be cheaper.

The replacement rings are expensive but as others have noticed they do last a long time. My biggest complaint is the lack of supplier web sites where I can just click a link and add them to my cart instead of having to call or e-mail someone to explain what I need and get a custom order.

I did put the Stoptech replacement rings on the rear this last time since they don't seem to take much abuse.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:43 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by edge04
two questions

1. I too run the brembo two piece rotors in 365 size. In order to get caliper clearance inside the rim I need to run a 1/4 spacer. Would I get more clearance and be able to run a 355 size rotor? Or will the caliper remain in the same location?

2. If number is possible, will the 355 ring work with my current hat?
When changing rotor diameter you have to have a way to change where the caliper is mounted, if the rotor diameter is larger the caliper has to move out, if the rotor diameter is smaller the caliper has to be able to move in.

So I doubt that a rotor change will accomplish what you want it to.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:56 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TorontoC6
Have not found an AP rotor. Have tried Racing Brakes rotors, stoptech, and now only use the brembo's. They are expensive but last forever (18+ track days). I buy mine from LG.
Here's a link to the AP rotors -http://www.apracing.com/product_deta...2018/2019.aspx

I'm not sure how well they would work as they only have 36 vanes vs the 72 vanes with the Brembos.

Plus it's not going to be easy to get a pair.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:57 AM
KNSBrakes
Supporting Vendor

Received 360 Likes on 283 Posts

Get us your Brembo kit part number or your rotor part number and we will get you the information you need.

While the brands may "fit" interchange I would not put a StopTech ring on a Brembo hat. If (when) there is an issue you get to point to yourself.

Yes Brembo is deservedly proud of their rotors.

Last edited by KNSBrakes; 08-27-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:59 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
On my C6Z with the Brembo GT kit I upgraded from the 355mm rotors to the 350x34mm 72-vane wide annulus rotors and they made a huge different in heat dissipation and pad life. It did require different caliper brackets for the GT kit and a different pad shape that seems to be cheaper.

The replacement rings are expensive but as others have noticed they do last a long time. My biggest complaint is the lack of supplier web sites where I can just click a link and add them to my cart instead of having to call or e-mail someone to explain what I need and get a custom order.

I did put the Stoptech replacement rings on the rear this last time since they don't seem to take much abuse.

Do you mean like this?

http://www.hrpworld.com/store/defaul...disc-left.html
Old 08-27-2015, 11:11 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

started doing a little research after posting. I assumed that to be the cast and looks like I might be able to use the base C6 mounting bracket. Will continue my research

Thanks

Old 08-27-2015, 07:08 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Yup, that's the rotor. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:53 AM
td9170
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to Dave Zeckhausen at Zeckhausen Racing.

Get notified of new replies

To best placed to buy Brembo brake replacement rings

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best placed to buy Brembo brake replacement rings