Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM Motorsports Park is OPEN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:37 AM
corvettemuseum
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 320 Likes on 88 Posts

Default NCM Motorsports Park is OPEN!

The NCM Motorsports Park has continued to be open for operations and all scheduled events have continued and are expected to continue as planned. The noise issues are being addressed. We welcome participants and visitors to enjoy the facility.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:12 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Well.....that info is a little late for me!!!

I had intended to come up to instruct at the GT Racing Tires HPDE this weekend, and stick around a few days to instruct at the NCM event Sept 3-4.

However, with all the negative news about the noise problem, I was hesitant to commit to head up there driving 760 miles each way and for about a 12 day trip away from home without knowing more about what was going on.

The best I could figure from the reports were that Aug 29th was some sort of drop dead date if something hadn't been done about the noise problem, and that on that date operations would need to cease if the noise problem wasn't mitigated properly.

It certainly would have been nice to get some reassurance like in your post when all this news started to be discussed here on the forum. The "Latest News" tab on the http://www.motorsportspark.org/ site is from June 30th!!!! Not exactly keeping very up to date on what's going on!!!!

Bottom line - I'll be missing out on 2 great events that I really wanted to attend because of a dire lack of info coming from the NCM Motorsports Park.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:05 PM
JohnAlley
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettemuseum
The NCM Motorsports Park has continued to be open for operations and all scheduled events have continued and are expected to continue as planned. The noise issues are being addressed. We welcome participants and visitors to enjoy the facility.
Odd, I just received a refund check for a NCCC event in September due to the host club receiving a letter stating that if they continued with the scheduled event they would be named in the lawsuit as well. Who knows if the neighbors are bluffing or not , no club will want to take that chance. So you might still be open but groups with scheduled dates are being threated with lawsuits if they hold their scheduled event. Which if others do the same and cancel their event the track is effectively closed.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:29 PM
dreamscometrue
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2015/...orsports-park/

Get notified of new replies

To NCM Motorsports Park is OPEN!

Quick Reply: NCM Motorsports Park is OPEN!