Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Out of Office until 9/14, Strano Performance is open while I'm gone

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:44 AM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Default Out of Office until 9/14, Strano Performance is open while I'm gone

I will attending SCCA Solo Nationals from 9/2 to 9/14. We hope to add to the 15 National Championships I have, and add some customers to that list as well.

The shop will be open 11am to 5pm Eastern Time Monday-Thursday in my absence. Desiree can help anyone looking to place orders or who need pricing, etc.

I will return on Monday 9/14 and resume normal hours.

Thank you!
Sam Strano
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:49 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Good luck Sam, post video.

Old 09-14-2015, 02:46 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

I'm back... it went okay.

The good: I won the ProSolo title by 1 point. Shelly ran my car in SSRL after her DSP open ride had issues and then someone else's DSP car broke. She got in my car and won for the 9th time, 7 in a row. 4th in a Corvette. And she put down solid times that would have put her 6th in SSR open, running earlier in the day on a less rubbered in course.

The not so good: I made a mistake on the West course (well two, coned a run that was quicker than what I stood on, and the run I stood on my foot slipped off the brake, which you can see in the video) that put me .401 down going into day two. When we went to run on day 2, the car would not start. Some flaky battery issue that also caused havoc with the TPMS. To say I was stressed would be an understatement. My first run was, shall we say "overly aggressive" but fast. I think it stood to be the 4th fastest time of the day or something. Then I ran two 51.7's which were the two fastest times of the day period. I got back .397. If you do that math...... I was .004 short.

While that hurts a little, I am not as upset as I could be. I drove my *** off. Grant, and 95% of the other Corvettes out there are running my setup, my swaybars, etc. If you are going to get beat, get beat by people who are your friends and customers.

Videos:

West (find the mistake):
East:
Old 09-14-2015, 07:18 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Sam, considering the issues at hand. I think that speaks volumes for you as a driver with the recovery on the other course and still running fast times. Solo is such a mental sport its unreal. Your only human, FWIW, I wish I had HALF your talent. I'd settle for that.

I think your mistake is at :40 seconds in. You look a little wide.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:22 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Sam, considering the issues at hand. I think that speaks volumes for you as a driver with the recovery on the other course and still running fast times. Solo is such a mental sport its unreal. Your only human, FWIW, I wish I had HALF your talent. I'd settle for that.

I think your mistake is at :40 seconds in. You look a little wide.
WINNER! Wasn't a mistake like I meant to do it and it was wrong. I, stupidly, changed shoes back to my wrestling shoes from Piloti's I had been wearing most of the year. They are narrower and have a thinner sole and I wanted to make sure I could really feel the gas pedal and all. But that narrower sole.. yeah, my foot slipped off the brake and the result was what you saw @ 40 seconds on West course.

As for the rest. Thank you, that is quite humbling. I know how you feel, back in 1994 I once stood on a curb watching someone at the top of the game slalom a Camaro and told some folks "if I could only do that half as well as he does, I'd be happy".
Old 09-15-2015, 03:23 AM
808EB03Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a couple of your runs on sololive and I was impressed at what I could see in your technique on course. Hopefully I can join in on the fun next year, maybe even with my car and not a co-drive. Congrats.

Get notified of new replies

To Out of Office until 9/14, Strano Performance is open while I'm gone

Quick Reply: Out of Office until 9/14, Strano Performance is open while I'm gone