Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Seat belt Anchor Plastics Removal - C6 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:23 AM
slowzzz
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passenger Seat belt Anchor Plastics Removal - C6 Corvette

I posted this in the C6 tech section and got no replies, figured I'd try here.

I've been installing racing seats into my C6 over the weekend and ran into a problem with the passenger side seat belt anchor. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to remove the plastic shrouding from it so that I can reattach it to the seats.

I've attached a picture of what I'm talking about.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Old 09-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

There are few race seats that will work with the stock belts. I don't fasten mine to the seats. I use a tie wrap and tie it to the harness bar when the race seats are in the car. If you want it to fasten to the seat mounting bracket you will need to provide high strength mounting studs for each belt end on either side of the seat mount. The inside ones are harder to mount since they have the explosive pre-tensioners in them. You should have a similar problem on the driver's side. The only difference is the driver's side outer end piece doesn't have the angle in the plastic shroud.

If you are installing the race seats on stock seat tracks then you should have the proper belt mounting studs on each side of the tracks.

Bill
Old 09-04-2015, 08:33 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

If you are thinking about removing the shroud and re installing again. (why)? I would caution against it as its one of those parts not designed for service.

As Bill mentioned, its hard to get stock belts to work properly with real race seats, should be able to just bolt on to the rail with shroud still attached. The inbd side is where I had clearance problems.

The ones I have seen done still have the shroud attached.

I also just Velcro strap the belts to the harness bar when my race seats are installed.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger Seat belt Anchor Plastics Removal - C6 Corvette

Quick Reply: Passenger Seat belt Anchor Plastics Removal - C6 Corvette