Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW v3 coilover????

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 PM
sunset racer
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KW v3 coilover????

Hey i have searched and didn't come up with an answer
i have used kw v3 on my bmw m3 in the past and loved them to all bits
and found a great deal on them now as well
has anyone got any good feedback on them for a c5?
thanks
Old 09-23-2015, 08:34 AM
sunset racer
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow no one uses them?
Old 09-23-2015, 10:25 AM
ratt_finkel
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Much like most shocks. It's all in the valving. I have always been fond of KW's. But I have never ran them on any corvette. I get the impression they don't have a big following in this circle. But I think they are a viable option in the market.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Matt_27
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have heard access to the adjusters on the KWs for C5/C6 is not good at all, like remove the shocks to adjust. No personal experience.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:54 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

I carry KW, have used them on the C5/C6 platform.

Are you looking to run them as coil-overs or just the shocks. If the latter, don't as the springs (GM springs) block access to your compression adjusters. Which on KW is a low-speed compression which is more helpful than a high-speed one that all others use until you get into high end triples. If it's the former and you are going actual coil-over they work well, But the rear rebound isn't really accessible unless you remove the shock or want to drill a hole in the car for an allen wrench to fit through.

I have good pricing on KW. I also have other coil-overs for the car. Ridetech is one, MCS (as far as I'm concerned the gold-standard) is another (used to be Moton USA). Not cheap by you'll find MCS on a lot of cars including World Challenge cars.

Let me know if I can help.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Get notified of new replies

To KW v3 coilover????

Quick Reply: KW v3 coilover????