Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 09:46 PM
dizzy8085
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam knows what he's talking about. I just purchased his solid front bar for my Grandsport because of his recommendation.

I haven't got it to the track with the new bar yet, but I hit a local clover leaf and this thing feels balanced now.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:25 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

i found some info on sizes here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rts-house.html

there are some 35 and 38 mm (T1?) bars out there also.

blkbrd69: alloy and heattreat wont matter. the modulus of elasticity is pretty much the same for all steels.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 AM
z060ntrack
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save yourself a ton of time and just put on the T1 bar kit! I threw my Pfadt bars in the garbage. Hendricks superchevyperformance.com Forum price $872.14 delivered. Bars, Insulators (bushings), Adjustable end links
Old 11-18-2015, 03:36 PM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 178 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by romandian
i found some info on sizes here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...rts-house.html

there are some 35 and 38 mm (T1?) bars out there also.

blkbrd69: alloy and heattreat wont matter. the modulus of elasticity is pretty much the same for all steels.
Elasticity may be similar for all steels but would vary with wall thickness which brings me to my previous point regarding charts. It isn't the numbers on the pfadt chart that I look at, it's their position on the chart and front/rear bias I like to see. That way I know if the setup I'm considering will help increase or decrease the tendency for oversteer or under steer and how much adjustment might be available.

Granted, there are a lot of parameters to tune, but just throwing a set of T-1 bars on and calling it good may or may not be the correct answer for my driving style and tires installed.

In addition, I very much appreciate Strano's comments and experience, and don't want to waste his time with questions until I can get closer to making a decision to upgrade the suspension and increase the likelihood I'll buy from him.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:28 AM
romandian
Drifting

sam, are your getting you emails? i asked about the shipping of the bars you quoted. do you want a pm?

Last edited by romandian; 11-19-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:58 AM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 178 Likes on 160 Posts

I'd call him...
Old 11-19-2015, 11:58 AM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

I was out on business elsewhere yesterday, just doing them now. Only one guy, can't get everywhere all the time. Also this is what I get when I hit reply on the site: "Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help."

And if I reply back directly it's just an empty message because it thinks it's new and I like having a paper trail of sorts when I respond.

Last edited by strano@stranoparts.com; 11-19-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:04 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by z060ntrack
Save yourself a ton of time and just put on the T1 bar kit! I threw my Pfadt bars in the garbage. Hendricks superchevyperformance.com Forum price $872.14 delivered. Bars, Insulators (bushings), Adjustable end links
That's pretty basic and bolt statement to be honest. The T1 bars are HUGE and nothing else will cut roll as much that's true. However there can be too much of a good thing and the bigger the bars cause other issues too. Ride suffers some for those who live where the roads aren't nice (particularly where there are dips on right side from washout, winters, etc).

My bars are both adjustable, and we can put in links (nice ones) and be under $650.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 11-21-2015, 11:25 AM
romandian
Drifting

if i put your 8472/8675 bars and endlinks on my 99 c5, will i be able to adjust for enought understeer to put considerable power (500hp+) to the ground on corner exit?

Last edited by romandian; 11-21-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:21 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

It's really not that simple. Compared to what? Bars aren't magic, they can't add lots of grip if the tires can't handle it, etc.

The bars offer a lot of adjustment between being two way adjustable up front, and 3 way in the rear. And the links, they allow you to corner weight the car and remove pre-load from the bars when you're driving.

The front bar is a bigger increase in stiffness than the rear is, which helps keeps more of the load on the inside rear tire when loaded up. But the rear bar counters that to some degree (it's how bars work). If you were to say run the rear bar full stiff and the front soft it would roll less than it does now and probably be a little more "free" in a neutral throttle situation. Add big power and it'll be looser. But the point is you aren't stuck there. You can soften the rear or stiffen the front, or both.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:48 PM
victorf
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

What sort of links do you use? Care to elaborate, with pics?
Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Three links available. Two are rod-ended and have nice spacers, etc. Pics are there of the aFe (nee Pfadt) and the Whiteline, but don't have a photo the Progress. But they and aFe are very similar but I've personally been beating on the Progress ones myself.

I have the aFe's which are gold colored for $195.00
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=30&ModelID=12

I have a very similar set but in silver made by Progress which are $199.95

And then there are the Whiteline links, which are easily adjustable and quiet but not as durable for heavy duty use, and they cost more....
Old 11-27-2015, 12:49 PM
romandian
Drifting

i ordered the strano bars yesterday. if it works out i should have them before christmas. that will give me enough time to play with them, hopefully the roads will be drivable. i will report back.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:26 PM
romandian
Drifting

did anybody successfully order anything from strano recently? after a month it seems my order has not been "processed".
Old 12-22-2015, 06:20 PM
RJonesC5Z
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think he gets the sway bars made after they are ordered and does not keep them in stock. Sometimes it takes a little while to get them, I wouldn’t worry. You can always send him an e-mail for a status update.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:59 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

First, let's understand there seems to be some barrier in understanding how the process works between Europe and the USA. Although I've shipped lots of parts overseas many, many times before.

First Roman wanted an invoice for the parts, before he ordered anything. Because I can't delete invoices from my accounting program, and can't assume that a sale will go through until it does I can't be just making up invoices hoping. Once that was cleared up we got an online order. That's fine. But we don't take payment online, and I've never gotten a call with or even a email with (not that I trust email for this the reason I don't take CC's on the website is because I don't want people's numbers on the web for others to swipe).

Basically, I've got an order, but no payment method. I can't ship parts without being paid. I don't even charge for the bars until they ship, but I need the payment information to start the order.

Honestly I don't see what is so difficult. Roman, all I need is for you to give me a method of payment and understand that when the bars are ready to ship, that method will be charged and you will get a copy of the invoice by email showing the order and the charges.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:05 PM
JakesBlackZ06
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
First, let's understand there seems to be some barrier in understanding how the process works between Europe and the USA. Although I've shipped lots of parts overseas many, many times before.

First Roman wanted an invoice for the parts, before he ordered anything. Because I can't delete invoices from my accounting program, and can't assume that a sale will go through until it does I can't be just making up invoices hoping. Once that was cleared up we got an online order. That's fine. But we don't take payment online, and I've never gotten a call with or even a email with (not that I trust email for this the reason I don't take CC's on the website is because I don't want people's numbers on the web for others to swipe).

Basically, I've got an order, but no payment method. I can't ship parts without being paid. I don't even charge for the bars until they ship, but I need the payment information to start the order.

Honestly I don't see what is so difficult. Roman, all I need is for you to give me a method of payment and understand that when the bars are ready to ship, that method will be charged and you will get a copy of the invoice by email showing the order and the charges.

That's only common sense, I'm also in the business of buying and selling goods, I don't invoice a customer just so they can see it on paper, no cash... no merch...

Get notified of new replies

To sway bars

Old 12-23-2015, 03:27 PM
romandian
Drifting

i dont feel its neccessary to discuss the situation in public. i wanted to check if strano is still in business.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:15 PM
RJonesC5Z
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess you are a little nervous about giving out you credit card info. I would be nervous about giving my info to someone in Switzerland, so I understand.
Sam in a long time trusted vendor. I got a bar from him back in Aug.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:48 AM
romandian
Drifting

thanks.

Quick Reply: sway bars