Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let a fellow AutoXer drive my C7 in funruns, video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 PM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Default Let a fellow AutoXer drive my C7 in funruns, video inside.

Let a long long time AutoXer at our local AutoX club (Runs a prepped C4 on R-comps for the past how ever many decades) take our new 2014 C7 Z51 M7 w/MSRC our for a fun run at the end of the day.

Here is the video

Car is still on OEM MPSS Runflats, best I could get out of it all day was a 35.9 (This is my first year doing this and first time in the C7). This video, His first time ever behind the wheel he ran a 32.5. FTD was a 31.00 and his best run in the C4 was a 36.60, course was designed by 2 honda guys . He hit a cone towards the end but we'll just forget about that. He absolutely loved the way the C7 drove and was extremely impressed it beat his car on street tires.

Figured there wasn't a lot of C7 content around here so I would post it

Last edited by SK360; 10-05-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:42 PM
NiteriderFRC
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts

Is it safe to assume the C7 is a better Autox tool because of the quicker rack and added steering angle over the C6 chassis?

This is something that has always annoyed me with C5 and C6 models. These aren't "big" cars yet somehow the slower racks added an unnecessary heft/size to the whole driving experience.

Last edited by NiteriderFRC; 10-06-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:49 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Umm...just my 2 cents for NHSCC course that is pretty open even if Carlisle and Co. designed it. Not sure the C7 will be all that great unless the tire manufactures can get tires to fit the car and the Michelins are not the best tire available. Don't forget how heavy they are.

You should come out Saturday the 17th to Steel Cities Auto-x event. My old C4 will be out and about.

Terry is an interesting guy, talked to him a lot over the Memorial Day weekend event. His C4 has a history as well. His tires are VERY old and tired so give that old C4 some slack.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:57 AM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Umm...just my 2 cents for NHSCC course that is pretty open even if Carlisle and Co. designed it. Not sure the C7 will be all that great unless the tire manufactures can get tires to fit the car and the Michelins are not the best tire available. Don't forget how heavy they are.

You should come out Saturday the 17th to Steel Cities Auto-x event. My old C4 will be out and about.

Terry is an interesting guy, talked to him a lot over the Memorial Day weekend event. His C4 has a history as well. His tires are VERY old and tired so give that old C4 some slack.
It was decently open but had some rough parts, the 90* into a slalom right off the line sucked. Still fun, wish I had the C7 for last weeks course, that was great fun.

Getting in from Vegas around 2am on the 17th.. don't think an early morning for AutoX will be on my list of things to do.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:14 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by SK360
It was decently open but had some rough parts, the 90* into a slalom right off the line sucked. Still fun, wish I had the C7 for last weeks course, that was great fun.

Getting in from Vegas around 2am on the 17th.. don't think an early morning for AutoX will be on my list of things to do.
LOL, I don't blame you.

Get notified of new replies

To Let a fellow AutoXer drive my C7 in funruns, video inside.

Quick Reply: Let a fellow AutoXer drive my C7 in funruns, video inside.