Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Formula One - Russia - TV Times (U.S.)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Formula One - Russia - TV Times (U.S.)

=====================================
Formula One - RUSSIA Schedule on NBC Sports Network

THE TIMES AND DAYS FOR THIS RACE ARE DIFFERENT, SO PAY ATTENTION!

THERE ARE TWO SHOWINGS OF THE RACE.

THERE ARE TWO SHOWINGS OF QUALIFYING.

THERE IS ONE SHOWING OF PRACTICE 1.

THERE IS ONE SHOWING OF PRACTICE 3.

ALL SHOWINGS ARE ON NBC SPORTSNET THIS WEEKEND.

The PRE-RACE show is integrated into the schedule for the race.

NOTE THAT AS OF OCT 6 THE TIVO LISTINGS WERE SHOWING COVERAGE OF
PRACTICE 1 AND PRACTICE 3 WHICH IS ODD. THE SITE F1CALENDAR.COM
SHOWS THE LISTED P1 TIME AS ACTUALLY BEING THE P2 TIME. THE SAME
SITE HAS THE LISTED P3 TIME AS BEING AN HOUR EARLY. MAKE OF THIS
WHAT YOU WILL.

I HAVE DOCUMENTED IT AS STATED BY MY TIVO BUT IT MAY/MIGHT (PROBABLY
WILL) CHANGE AS THE WEEKEND APPROACHES. I WILL ALTER THE SCHEDULE IF
THEY DO AND I WILL POST A MESSAGE TO THAT EFFECT IN THIS THREAD.

IF I HAD TO GUESS, THEY WILL SHOW P2 LIVE AND THEN RESHOW IT LATER AS
THEY ALMOST ALWAYS DO (AND AS THEY DID LAST YEAR.)

The post-race show "F1 Extra" is shown immediately after the race show
whatever time that may be. NBC schedules "F1 Extra" to start 2 hours after
the start of the race but, in reality, it's always shown immediately after the race
regardless of the time. The simplest way to make sure you record "F1 Extra" is
simply to add enough extra time to the race broadcast recording to get (a) any
extra time that was needed to record the entire race including any delays, and
(b) "F1 Extra". My standard is to add at least three hours (!) just to
make sure I cover most eventualities. That's what those big drives are for )

I pull this info from from my Tivo's schedule. I have no guarantee that
it is correct but it usually is. I also double check it with the NBC Sports
NET schedule. Caveat Emptor.

--------------------------------------------------------------
ALL TIMES PACIFIC DST TIME !!!!! (Eastern times in parens)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday October 9, 2015
-----------------------
  • 04:00 AM - Practice 1 [LIVE] (7:00 AM Eastern)

Saturday October 10, 2015
---------------------------
  • 03:00 AM - Practice 3 [LIVE] (6:00 AM Eastern)
  • 05:00 AM - Qualifying [LIVE] (8:00 AM Eastern)
  • 10:30 PM - Qualifying [RESHOWING] (1:30 AM Eastern (Sunday morning))

Sunday October 11, 2015
-------------------------
  • 03:30 AM - Race [LIVE] (6:30 AM Eastern)
  • 09:00 AM - Race [RESHOWING] (NOON Eastern)

//////////

Last edited by Zoxxo; 10-06-2015 at 10:18 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Zoxxo:
BrianCunningham (10-09-2015), EvilBoffin (10-09-2015), raff (10-06-2015), Subfixer (10-06-2015), VetteDrmr (10-06-2015)
Old 10-06-2015, 07:03 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

We're gonna be out of town this weekend and probably won't have NBCSN with the folks we're staying with. So, I'll have to go CF silent until I get home and see the race.

BUT, now I've got everything set up to record, thanks!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 10-06-2015, 07:14 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks!

Old 10-06-2015, 11:47 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
We're gonna be out of town this weekend and probably won't have NBCSN with the folks we're staying with. So, I'll have to go CF silent until I get home and see the race.

BUT, now I've got everything set up to record, thanks!
As I said in the original post, something seems fishy about the current schedule so be sure to double check your recording setup as late as possible before you leave. I have my suspicions that things could change a bit.

Z//
Old 10-07-2015, 05:22 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

In the ongoing quest for truth and accuracy, I post this image from Bernie Ecclestone's own "f1.com" website. The site allows you to adjust the thing to your own local time which I have done (Pacific Daylight Time.)

Now, the times that I have in Message #1 above are those provided by Zap2it.com which is the source of Tivo's schedules. Those times reference "Practice 1" and "Practice 3" which are rarely shown to us by NBCSN.

Everything I have seen says that all of the initial showings of this weekend's sessions (practice, qualifying, race) will be shown live. Yet how can this be when the time shown by Zap2it for "Practice 1" is, in fact, the time that Practice 2 is going? At least I can write that off to a typo (Friday at 4:00 AM is actually "P2" and not "P1".)

Saturday's "Practice 3" session at 3:00 AM almost has to actually be a reshowing of P2 from Friday. The real P3 lasts for only an hour and starts at 2:00 AM (my time) while the time slot that NBCSN has whatever they are showing is 90 minutes.

This is why I say to pay attention to the schedule as the weekend approaches.

I *think* the NBCSN schedule is really like this (again PDT):

Fri

04:00 AM Practice 2 (live)

Sat

03:00 AM Practice 2 (reshowing)
05:00 AM Qualifying (live)
10:30 PM Qualifying (reshowing)

Sun

03:30 AM Race (live)
09:00 AM Race (reshowing)

Z//
Old 10-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

This is interesting:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/an...les-a-failure/

As is the latest Wil Buxton blog piece:

https://willthef1journo.wordpress.co...f-the-warrior/

Z//
Old 10-07-2015, 11:31 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z you are the man once again.

Anywhooo.............I must confess I remember nothing about Sochi from last year. I thought it might be something like Monaco or Singapore, but supposedly it's more like a power circuit so Williams may have a good race, Mercedes probably will so long as they can turn their tire on with the correct temps.

Either falter and we might see Ferrari on the 1st step again. I am tired of Kimi getting pounded, he needs to outperform Seb for once.

Regarding the Honda powertrain. I suspect their ICE is probably not all that far off the Mercedes or the Ferrari units and I think is probably as good as the Renault. I think where they lag is the ERS system and possibly packaging. Packaging once their ERS system is online may be as good as the Mercedes and probably better than Ferrari.

We shall see.............
Old 10-08-2015, 06:43 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GZire
Z you are the man once again.

Regarding the Honda powertrain. I suspect their ICE is probably not all that far off the Mercedes or the Ferrari units and I think is probably as good as the Renault. I think where they lag is the ERS system and possibly packaging. Packaging once their ERS system is online may be as good as the Mercedes and probably better than Ferrari.
I seem to remember reading a while back that their primary issue was the seals; that they couldn't turn up the wick and have the internal seals last. But that's a vague memory of a while ago so...

Along those lines, you might find this interesting:

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...hybrid-f1-car/

Z//
Old 10-08-2015, 02:24 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

^^^Interesting stuff. Basically a 10 mph boost with a full dump of the ERS system. I don't know if I still have the article but it was also said that Honda had a V10 engine that could run at 22,000 rpms.

You gotta wonder if the could have won the WCC in 2009 if they hadn't pulled out.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

I don't know if I still have the article but it was also said that Honda had a V10 engine that could run at 22,000 rpms.
Oh yes. 22k was a known figure that was talked about a lot at the time. I don't think that it ever raced and that was right before they imposed the rpm limits and multi-race engine rules in order to save money (good thing they did! )

Z//
Old 10-08-2015, 03:18 PM
GZire
Le Mans Master

Some additional news on the Honda front:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121198

Russian GP: Honda brings new-spec F1 engine, penalty for Alonso
By Ben Anderson
Thursday, October 8th 2015, 09:52 GMT

Honda will introduce a new specification of engine on Fernando Alonso's Formula 1 car for the Russian Grand Prix, meaning the Spaniard will have to take a grid penalty.

The Japanese manufacturer has spent its remaining four 2015 F1 engine development tokens on an internal combustion engine upgrade, plus associated exhaust parts.

Alonso will thus receive a new ICE, turbo, MGU-H and control electronics for this weekend's Sochi race.

As he has already used nine ICEs, eight turbos, eight MGU-Hs and six CEs this year, the double world champion is set to receive grid penalties amounting to 25 places, which will translate to a back-of-the-grid start.

Honda had hoped to introduce its new specification to Jenson Button's car too, but was unable to manufacture enough new parts in time to make another new unit for this grand prix.

Alonso has received the new engine first on account of racking up more miles than Button on his previous unit.

Button will continue to use the engine he ran in the previous race in Japan.

STRATEGIC CHOICE

Honda's chief weakness concerns the efficiency of its MGU-H.

Solving this problem requires a fundamental change in engine architecture, which means the Japanese manufacturer feels it cannot act until the winter, when more development time and tokens will become available.

Speaking to AUTOSPORT before the latest upgrade was confirmed, Honda F1 chief Yasuhisa Arai said: "The logical step is to change the compressor area, but because of the layout that's not going to happen.

"We are still looking to improve the internal combustion side of the engine, but without changing the layout."

Honda has introduced its final 2015 update here in order to give it a better chance of strong performance at the United States GP at the end of the month, which is an important event for McLaren-Honda's sponsors.

"It isn't logical to bring the updates in a race where the circuit layout is already against us at a deployment situation," Arai added.

"Austin should be one of the better races for us, that suits the car, and we do have sponsors that have big presence in that race.

"Obviously tokens involved a big change, which involves a penalty. Therefore we will try not to take penalties at a race that's important for us."

Honda will thus still face a dilemma on Button's car, because changing his engine again before the end of the season will incur further grid penalties for the 2009 world champion.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

"Obviously tokens involved a big change, which involves a penalty. Therefore we will try not to take penalties at a race that's important for us."

Honda will thus still face a dilemma on Button's car, because changing his engine again before the end of the season will incur further grid penalties for the 2009 world champion.
This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Gives a whole new dimension to "false bravado".

Z//
Old 10-09-2015, 12:16 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2015, 04:15 PM
Freebird427
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
Oh yes. 22k was a known figure that was talked about a lot at the time. I don't think that it ever raced and that was right before they imposed the rpm limits and multi-race engine rules in order to save money (good thing they did! )

Z//
I believe the highest revving V10's to actually hit the track were the Suzuka Specials. The highest rev's I remember run the track were 19,600 for Honda, 19,200 for Ferrari, high 18K for Merc. I believe one of the last Suzuka Special's is on the below vid. Listen close and you'll make out that the dyno program being is a sim of Suzuka :

Cosworth put out a promotional vid of their new 2006 V8 F1 engine before it was ever installed in a car. the engines were immediately at 20K on the dyno. At the time Cosworth mentioned the reason they could get to the higher revs so quickly was the stiffer crankshaft on the new smaller V8s. Cosworth also talked about seeing 22K before the end of the 1st season, and 23K the next season. When these comments started getting out in the public realm, rev limits soon followed.

20K :

The following users liked this post:
GZire (10-12-2015)
Old 10-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Freebird427
Listen close and you'll make out that the dyno program being is a sim of Suzuka :

...Cosworth also talked about seeing 22K before the end of the 1st season, and 23K the next season. When these comments started getting out in the public realm, rev limits soon followed.
Very cool! Thanks!

Z//
Old 10-10-2015, 11:08 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Formula One - RUSSIA Schedule on NBC Sports Network

Sunday October 11, 2015
-------------------------
  • 03:30 AM - Race [LIVE] (6:30 AM Eastern)
  • 09:00 AM - Race [RESHOWING] (NOON Eastern)

//////////
The NASCAR Charlotte race postponed till Sunday --
coverage beginning on NBCSN at 12:30 eastern.

Curious as to where the F1 re-showing occurs.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:23 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Originally Posted by raff
The NASCAR Charlotte race postponed till Sunday --
coverage beginning on NBCSN at 12:30 eastern.

Curious as to where the F1 re-showing occurs.
Good question. Zap2it.com shows the NASCAR race schedule change but shows no reshowing of F1. I haven't watched the F1 race yet so I don't know if they say anything about it during the showing and I can't go to NBCSN to fond out as they'll give me the results of the race.

Don't forget that knocking those "pro-pulling" and "late model dirt series" shows out in place of the F1 replay requires executive decisions and those guys are probably away on the 3-day weekend.

Z//

Get notified of new replies

To Formula One - Russia - TV Times (U.S.)

Old 10-11-2015, 08:48 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Don't forget that knocking those "pro-pulling" and "late model dirt series" shows out in place of the F1 replay requires executive decisions and those guys are probably away on the 3-day weekend.

Z//
Or that, God forbid, they run the NASCAR race (which I'm a fan of) on NBC instead of the 70s+ golf show.

I'm out of town right now so I'm going to have to go CF Autox&RR silent until I can get home tomorrow afternoon and watch the race.

Y'all enjoy, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 10-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Now that I have watched the race (it was "interesting") I can say that they appear to have NOT rescheduled the F1 reshowing. So, "your home of motor racing on TV" shows true colors.

Z//
Old 10-11-2015, 11:28 AM
whowon
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

For being a track I despise, it was actually a fairly entertaining race.

Quick Reply: Formula One - Russia - TV Times (U.S.)