Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB & Questions: Quantum Brake Cooling Kit for GS or cost effective equivalent

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 02:51 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Default WTB & Questions: Quantum Brake Cooling Kit for GS or cost effective equivalent

Hey guy,

I'm considering getting a Quantum Brake Cooling Kits for my Grand Sport. I"m currently running stock calipers with 1-Piece Carbotech (F/R) XP10/XP8 on street tires and I have yet to experience fading issues. My next track day is in about 3 weeks and this outing I wanted to work on compressing my braking zones. I'm assuming that it is a good idea to increase front rotor cooling, to add a bit of safety just in case I'm close to the edge than I think.

Does anyone have a kit that they no longer use and is willing to sell?

Does anyone know of a any cost effective equivalent solutions? I know we should never cheap out on safety equipment, but to me $200+ is a little step for a piece of metal and some piping.

Any suggestions are welcomed.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:52 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I made my spindle plates for less than $50 in parts from the local used NASCAR parts stores. You can see the pics and design on my ST2/3 Build thread. C5, but no different than what your GS needs.

Quick Reply: WTB & Questions: Quantum Brake Cooling Kit for GS or cost effective equivalent