Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 vs C6 spindles steering response?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Phoenix64
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Default C5 vs C6 spindles steering response?

I searched but I'm seeing some conflicting info. Some say the spindles are identical, some say the C6 has a shorter arm where the tire rod attaches.

I'm trying to achieve a quicker steering ratio on my C5Z, and thought this might be an effective route.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:20 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Well I have not measured, but certainly the c5 is a radically better handling car, even if you swap all the spring rates and shocks back. Without measuring I'd stay with c5

They definitely ****ed up the rear bump steer in the c6, and I am not sure what else.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:01 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix64
I searched but I'm seeing some conflicting info. Some say the spindles are identical, some say the C6 has a shorter arm where the tire rod attaches.

I'm trying to achieve a quicker steering ratio on my C5Z, and thought this might be an effective route.

Thanks in advance.
They are functionally identical. I put them on my C5Z and barely had to touch the toe adjustment after installation. I also went to delrin in new C6Z lower control arms at the same time.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:40 AM
555ss
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kmagvette
They are functionally identical. I put them on my C5Z and barely had to touch the toe adjustment after installation. I also went to delrin in new C6Z lower control arms at the same time.
They are as he said funcionally identical I have put them on 3 c5z's and the only change was like 1/8 inch toe. the angles on the turn plates are the same with c5 and c6 uprights when doing a caster sweep. I swap them due to bending the caliper mounts on our track cars, the c6 has a bunch more meat holding the caliper in place..

Last edited by 555ss; 11-02-2015 at 06:41 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 vs C6 spindles steering response?

Quick Reply: C5 vs C6 spindles steering response?