Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which to use:
Hardbar/Vansteel Delrin Adjusters
0%
Zip Corvettes Poly Adjusters
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Vote on which spring height adjusters - I have two types

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 01:16 PM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Vote on which spring height adjusters - I have two types

The stock ones are torn up and must be replaced:

I own new sets of both the hardbar/vansteel units as well as the zip poly pads (these are curved unlike the wcc and eibach ones)

hardbar bolts supposedly wear pockets in the aluminum arms - I purchased a roll of 20 gauge hardened stainless steel to make plates to go in the contact areas (and jb weld them in place), but Im not sure if the steel will wear out the delrin really quickly

the poly pads supposedly fall off or wear off from various brands but I havent heard anything bad about the zip ones - additionally Id bond the pads to the bolts with this stuff: http://www.westsystem.com/ss/g-flex-epoxy/

Which to go with or any other ideas with the parts I have on hand?

I have kevlar and can use that if necessary (thought about possibly covering the a arm contact patchs with a triple layer of laminated 6oz kevlar for reduced friction and wear)

thanks!

Old 11-05-2015, 07:50 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by el es tu
hardbar bolts supposedly wear pockets in the aluminum arms
Never heard of that before. I ran a set of those for several years on my race car and I had to replace them once because the delrin wore down.
Delrin is much softer than aluminum so I can't imagine that it would wear the way you heard.
The following users liked this post:
el es tu (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 07:18 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
Never heard of that before. I ran a set of those for several years on my race car and I had to replace them once because the delrin wore down.
Delrin is much softer than aluminum so I can't imagine that it would wear the way you heard.
They did on mine in the rear. I think it was due to being low where the bolt was turned all the way up. I was on DRM Bilsteins at the time with them and got a lot of smacking in the rear during heavy undulations where the delrin pad would come off contact with the LCA for a moment and come back in contact very forceful. This was in a C6 Z with OE leafs.

Maybe if they were turned down to near stock bushing height, it wouldn't be so bad...but I just don't trust that design where you have a little dome pad screwing into a bolt.

OP...I would get the Lingenfelter spring end bushing/bolts. Flat design made of delrin I believe.

The following users liked this post:
el es tu (11-06-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 10:43 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the input!

Get notified of new replies

To Vote on which spring height adjusters - I have two types

Quick Reply: Vote on which spring height adjusters - I have two types