Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road race Corvette C4 ... Updated 85

Old 10-13-2016, 08:39 AM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just helping out cutting the grass.. lol!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Vetteracer46
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Wheels

Originally Posted by rfn026
Wow. That's a lot of C4. Makes mine look wimpy.

Richard Newton
can you tell me what size your wheels are and possible back spacing.....I'm wanting a set for my 96.....
Old 03-05-2017, 09:49 PM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Hey there
Wheels are 17" x 11 CCW classic with a back space of 7", i also run a 1/4 inch spacer Anything deeper than that i get rubbing. That rim width can work with anything from a 275/295/305/315 tire , mine are 295 /35/17 hoosier R7 BUT
After 87 they made the control arms a different length -not sure exactly without re researching it out ,but may be 1 " longer . So your back space could be greater than 7" in order to keep them tucked under your fenders. There are lots of threads on what works for your car on back space -just enter key words in search box.
Also appears now there are way more tire options and scrubs available if you you change to 18" wheels and match rim width to tire width you are considering .
Recommended by many to keep all for corners on a c4 the same ,unless your are getting into high hp/torque engine
Paul
Old 03-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Vetteracer46
Instructor

Originally Posted by LHZAWD
Hey there
Wheels are 17" x 11 CCW classic with a back space of 7", i also run a 1/4 inch spacer Anything deeper than that i get rubbing. That rim width can work with anything from a 275/295/305/315 tire , mine are 295 /35/17 hoosier R7 BUT
After 87 they made the control arms a different length -not sure exactly without re researching it out ,but may be 1 " longer . So your back space could be greater than 7" in order to keep them tucked under your fenders. There are lots of threads on what works for your car on back space -just enter key words in search box.
Also appears now there are way more tire options and scrubs available if you you change to 18" wheels and match rim width to tire width you are considering .
Recommended by many to keep all for corners on a c4 the same ,unless your are getting into high hp/torque engine
Paul
thanks Man.....That Vette has come along way since Texas......I had looked at buying that car and one time....Still have all the pictures of it
Old 03-06-2017, 03:57 PM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Would you be able to post some of those pics on here ,or send them to me and any history that you know of ? Not sure if they would be digital pics or would they need to be scanned?
It would be great to have ,

Thanks !!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 PM
Vetteracer46
Instructor

Would you be able to post some of those pics on here ,or send them to me and any history that you know of ? Not sure if they would be digital pics or would they need to be scanned?
It would be great to have ,

Thanks !!
i can send them through messenger.....I Think we are friends on Facebook...... Michael zoch.....I have the shots where he was building the car if I'm not mistakin and I have the Early shots before it was red and running track days.....Seems like we have spoken or someone that knows you has talked to me about your car now and all the changes
The following users liked this post:
LHZAWD (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 01:21 AM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Thanks to Vetteracer46 - a shipment of 1890 various vette pics on a disc showed up and some were from the original build of my car.
Always interesting to see classic photos.... from before the kardashian makeovers occurred ......lol!
Attached Images     
Old 04-21-2017, 06:47 AM
Vetteracer46
Instructor

Default Pics

Thanks to Vetteracer46 - a shipment of 1890 various vette pics on a disc showed up and some were from the original build of my car.
Always interesting to see classic photos.... from before the kardashian makeovers occurred ......lol!
thanks man....If you ever looking for history on race-cars and or Vettes that were imsa or gt cars.....I probably have it......
Old 04-21-2017, 09:45 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

I should know the size of the wheels on my car but I don't. John Pruner made them for me years back. Since that time CCW has been sold.

When I switched from Khumo to Goodyear I had to add 1/8" spacer on the rear. The inside touched on occasion.

I do know that if I were doing it again I would go to a square set-up.

Richard Newton
C4 Alignment
Old 11-09-2020, 06:49 PM
Ner
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome! What wing are you using? Is it detachable?
Old 11-09-2020, 07:15 PM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ner
Looks awesome! What wing are you using? Is it detachable?
Thanks ... You must have been doing some deep research to find this old thread lol!
Car has been sitting for a few years while I helped my kid out a bit with school, I had planned on getting out in 2020 but covid stopped that so I’ll try again next year . The wing was posted on a CASC for sale forum , may have been from a radical or an open wheel car . I made aluminum brackets for it which do unpin from the welded supports under the body work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road race Corvette C4 ... Updated 85