Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel & Tire suggestion for CAM

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:20 PM
SCCA VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Wheel & Tire suggestion for CAM

I will be running CAM/S this year in my region and need to buy some 200 Tread Ware tires however going with stock size on the 09 Z06 it really limits the tires available. I have decided to buy a set of wheels and tires to just Auto-X on.

What do the experts in here recommend on wheel size and tire combo to use?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2015, 01:54 PM
speedwaywhite
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCA VETTE
I will be running CAM/S this year in my region and need to buy some 200 Tread Ware tires however going with stock size on the 09 Z06 it really limits the tires available. I have decided to buy a set of wheels and tires to just Auto-X on.

What do the experts in here recommend on wheel size and tire combo to use?

Thanks
I am a HPDE track day guy who runs mostly at Sebring, but have Auto X with NCCC as well. I'm on my 3rd set of Bridgestone RE-11', happy with wear and grip, decent (not great) in the wet. Previously they were rated 180 tread wear, changed to 200 now. I expect the change was to open up opportunities in other series that have a 200 tread wear mini. Tire Rack stocks em.
Good Luck!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:50 PM
SCCA VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by speedwaywhite
I am a HPDE track day guy who runs mostly at Sebring, but have Auto X with NCCC as well. I'm on my 3rd set of Bridgestone RE-11', happy with wear and grip, decent (not great) in the wet. Previously they were rated 180 tread wear, changed to 200 now. I expect the change was to open up opportunities in other series that have a 200 tread wear mini. Tire Rack stocks em.
Good Luck!
Thank you for the information on the tire recommendation. What sizes are you running front / rear?
Old 11-16-2015, 04:04 PM
JLZ06TR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could also consider running a 305/19 slightly stretched. the RE71R are supposed to come out some time next year in that size.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:25 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Some time next year is slated for 8/1/16, not exactly early enough to be helpful for most folks.

If you want a wheel/tire setup, call me. I can help. I can build you a set of wheels that won't break the bank and know what tires are the fast ones (now, and that might change in the future but I stay up to date being that I myself race).
Old 11-16-2015, 08:05 PM
SCCA VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Some time next year is slated for 8/1/16, not exactly early enough to be helpful for most folks.

If you want a wheel/tire setup, call me. I can help. I can build you a set of wheels that won't break the bank and know what tires are the fast ones (now, and that might change in the future but I stay up to date being that I myself race).
Sam thanks for the help. I am wondering if I should go down to a 18" wheel and same size on all 4 corners? I have a hookup on tires just need to know what ones to run.I am interested in some wheels, again just need to know what size to run. I think going with a different size wheel will allow me more options.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:30 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

BFG's Rival S is your only choice. You have to run 18's though.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel & Tire suggestion for CAM

Quick Reply: Wheel & Tire suggestion for CAM