Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another seat opinion thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 02:43 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Another seat opinion thread

Looking for opinions on a seat. going in a caged, gutted interior C6. track car only. I was looking at kirky seats, their 45 series which is a full containment seat. but would like to hear what others like.

I'm 5'8 175 with about 16 inch seat width. still unsure if I want a sliding mount option or fixed. will have a quick release steering wheel
Old 11-21-2015, 10:12 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by edge04
Looking for opinions on a seat. going in a caged, gutted interior C6. track car only. I was looking at kirky seats, their 45 series which is a full containment seat. but would like to hear what others like.

I'm 5'8 175 with about 16 inch seat width. still unsure if I want a sliding mount option or fixed. will have a quick release steering wheel
I am 5'10" and 180 and I just gutted my car for full cage, seats, harnesses. I sat in several seats and wanted only FIA approved full containment seats. I sat in Sabelt seats, Sparco, and OMP. For the money the OMPs were the most comfortable. I went with the HTE-R for the driver side and the RS-PT2 for the passenger. BOTH are very comfortable but the driver side HTE-R is a bit more expensive and more comfortable. I also really liked the Sabelts but they were on average $200 more per seat.

Hope that helps.
C5Z06CE
Old 11-21-2015, 10:46 PM
ponycar
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

[I am about your height. I have the Sparco ADV. I like it just fine. In the C5 I could not get in or out of the car without having the seat on a slider. I have a handle rigged so that I can slide it with the harness on. I also sit so far forward that I have a MGW shifter with the **** mounted far forward because my elbow would hit the seat on a 3-4 shift, causing significant wrist pain by the end of a weekend. Slider helps with different shoes, or heavier or lighter clothing, effecting how close you are to pedals. Comfort/ fit is important.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:02 PM
MongoZ06
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a set of Ultrashield Rally Sport seats mounted to factory sliders that work extremely well. While I would have loved to go with some of the composite seats I'm a big guy (6'3" 325lbs) and the size seat I would have needed would not fit in the car.

Kirkey and Ultrashield can make the seat to fit you which I think is a huge plus versus finding an off-the-shelf composite that "fits the best"

I'm really happy with what I have and would certainly go with Aluminum seats again. For what it's worth I find that these seats are pretty comfortable.

Get notified of new replies

To Another seat opinion thread

Quick Reply: Another seat opinion thread