Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barber Motorsports Park, if you have run there...come inside

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 08:46 PM
jlutherva
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Actually turn 3 is at the bottom and turn 4 is the top of the hill. I recommend trying a later turn in point, even slightly after the gaiter and short-shifting to 4th before the crest at T4. Even with full aero, I lighten up on the throttle as I crest then go back full on (487 WHP). Even with the late turn-in, I'm still not straight going over the crest.

For turns 5 and 6, the double apex carousel turn, try starting with a late turn-in to T5 and aim for a late apex on T6 then gradually move the apex back towards T5 and see what works best for you. I turn in at the end of the gaiter on the right and skip T5 altogether apexing late on T6. That gives me the best track-out.

Oh yeah, I agree with everybody else, 5 year old tires are at least 4 years too old.

Jim
Old 11-26-2015, 06:58 AM
FASTFATBOY
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny C @ OG
david, common man. tires from 2009 aren't good. if you got a tire budget get some rivals. i bet a fresh set is much faster then the older r-comps. i too throw out all my tires after they seen a winter.

and watching the video i would say that you still have the wheel at the same angle when you go over that crest. trying to grab that much steering, wide open throttle, and going over a crest is asking for trouble. Randy Post said that you want to have the majority of your tuning done before a crest. i would try to apex that turn a little later.

but that's my $.02 i'm just a brake guy.
Yep, all the tires are going in the trash.

I am going to look at going further out in turn 2 so I can straighten out 3-4.

I don't think it's possible to go over that hill with a straight wheel.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:21 PM
johnny c
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Yep, all the tires are going in the trash.

I am going to look at going further out in turn 2 so I can straighten out 3-4.

I don't think it's possible to go over that hill with a straight wheel.
well your tires can only give 100%. up hill they have more grip, then when you hit a crest. so you need to give up steering input, or throttle.

Quick Reply: Barber Motorsports Park, if you have run there...come inside