Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG SuperPros and EGR Blockoffs

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 09:50 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default LG SuperPros and EGR Blockoffs

In the instructions it says that, if you eliminate the EGR plumbing, the EGR tubes should be cut off and welded, rather than using blockoffs, or there could be problems. Does anyone know what the "problems" could be?

My situation is that I want to be able to slap the EGR plumbing back on so that the car passes the visual part of inspection in the event that I want the car back on the road.
Old 11-27-2015, 05:09 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Those are AIR injection ports on the headers .

What we have seen over the years is the combination of the block off plate/heat/vibration is that can cause that area to fail on the header. So if you are not using it, then they should be cut off and welded shut.

Generally those that have failed have done so after YEARS of track use but it does happen which is why we frown on using block off plates there.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:22 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Those are AIR injection ports on the headers .

What we have seen over the years is the combination of the block off plate/heat/vibration is that can cause that area to fail on the header. So if you are not using it, then they should be cut off and welded shut.

Generally those that have failed have done so after YEARS of track use but it does happen which is why we frown on using block off plates there.
Good to know. I have Kooks, but I assume the same applies. I'll have to look over mine before next season.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:46 PM
kmagvette
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Anthony, I'll keep an eye on them for any signs of deterioration; if they get ugly I can cut them off and weld shut.

Get notified of new replies

To LG SuperPros and EGR Blockoffs

Quick Reply: LG SuperPros and EGR Blockoffs