Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics/dyno from my motor build . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 04:13 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Pics/dyno from my motor build . . .

Heads and PB pulley

8 mos and thousands of $$s later, car is back on the road. I have really missed driving it - at the track and every day. Did take advantage of downtime to install the Trackspec louvers on hood.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:37 PM
blueekb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sweet!

Mine's been broke for 19 months. Crazy to think its sat for that long... But I just ordered a motor from Thompson Motorsports last week. Going to try to tackle the swap myself but not sure how that will go.

Which Mantic clutch did you go with? I've been looking at those and thinking of trying the twin for some weight loss. Even though I can't find figures of it actually being lighter. I need something that can handle some street driving but mainly for running TT3.

I hope to be back on track by Road Atlanta in March with NASA
Old 12-09-2015, 07:36 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Good looking numbers ! What are the internals other than the Trick Flow heads ?
Old 12-09-2015, 11:31 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Nice, what are the specs, LS3?
How was PCM to work with?
Old 12-10-2015, 08:06 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by blueekb
Looks sweet!

Mine's been broke for 19 months. Crazy to think its sat for that long... But I just ordered a motor from Thompson Motorsports last week. Going to try to tackle the swap myself but not sure how that will go.

Which Mantic clutch did you go with? I've been looking at those and thinking of trying the twin for some weight loss. Even though I can't find figures of it actually being lighter. I need something that can handle some street driving but mainly for running TT3.

I hope to be back on track by Road Atlanta in March with NASA
I looked briefly at their motors as they were highly recommended, and they were cheaper than TSP, but I had had good luck with the TSP block so I stayed with it. The clutch is a Mantic 9000 Twin Disk I bought slightly used. Way more driver friendly than the Spec 3+.

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
Good looking numbers ! What are the internals other than the Trick Flow heads ?
It is just the basic TSP 402 forged short block. I could have bought a bare block and used the parts from other motor and it would have cost me around $3,500. After selling unused parts from other motor, I have $3,600 in a brand new one. Cam is a custom one spec'd by Alvin at PCM with dd and tracking in mind. A little more street friendly than the MS3 I had.

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Nice, what are the specs, LS3?
How was PCM to work with?
The PCM guys are great. I highly recommend them. I thought it would be a lot more to do all they did. Just waiting for spring to get back on the track!

Get notified of new replies

To Pics/dyno from my motor build . . .

Quick Reply: Pics/dyno from my motor build . . .