Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Interest Check] Corvette track day at Thunderhill Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 03:27 PM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16
Default [Interest Check] Corvette track day at Thunderhill Raceway

Hey everyone,

Would you guys be interested in a track day at Thunderhill Raceway? They have some crazy December deals going on right now. We’d be looking at ~$2,500 to rent the 3 mile track for a full day of racing. The final cost to rent the track could vary depending on how many people want to attend, as additional medical and safety staff may be required. However, the cost per person will start to drop quickly if we get 6+ people who want to race.

The track is currently available to rent on December 16th, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 30th, and 31st. If you’re interested in an event like this, throw out which days would work best for you and hopefully we can find a day that works for everyone.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

Does the $2500 price include anything besides use of the track surface? Corner workers/medical/flag stand...
Seems pretty cheap! 30 or 31 could work for me...
Old 12-11-2015, 05:44 PM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '16

I believe the $2500 is the cost for 4 racers with corner workers, medical, etc included. Beyond that additional workers may have to be added which would start to increase the price, though the more people that attend also lowers the cost per person.

Anyone else interested in the 30th or 31st?

Last edited by Massdrop; 12-11-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:05 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

What is your target number of participants? Minimum level of experience required?
If you wanted to open this up to non-Corvette type people, I have contacts in the Porsche and BMW track community...
Old 12-11-2015, 07:48 PM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '16

I don't have a target number of participants in mind, if we get 5 people who want to throw down that would be great, if we get 25 people, even better!

When I spoke with Thunderhill they did not mention any minimum level of experience required. We want this to be a fun event for both newbies and experienced drivers alike.

I'm also in talks with my colleagues here at Massdrop to see about sponsoring or subsidizing this event if we can make it happen this month. Really depends on the interest level we see tonight and over the weekend. Once we see the level of interest we can start hammering out final details on pricing.

I'm not opposed to opening the event up to non-Corvette owners if it helps to make this event happen.

-Lukas

Last edited by Massdrop; 12-11-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:34 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Looks like interest may be limited.... too bad. It'd be great to get a track day that isn't bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:54 PM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '16

Indeed. Come on y'all, no one else wants to hit the track before the new year?
Old 12-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Rexracer77
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I have been wanting to run Thunder hill, but can't do it this year. NEXT year when I could plan ahead, I could make something like that work for sure.

And are you talking open track day, or are you talking Race cars, holding a mini race?

How much for the full 5 mile track?
Old 12-15-2015, 01:35 PM
0Massdrop
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '16

My understanding is that it would be an open track day, though if we were going to make this happen we could see about what would be involved in working out a mini race.

The quote I got was for the 3 mile track, I'm not sure how much more the 5 mile track would be. I could find out, but based on the interest in this thread it doesn't seem like this is event going to happen.

No other takers?

Last edited by Massdrop; 12-15-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To [Interest Check] Corvette track day at Thunderhill Raceway

Quick Reply: [Interest Check] Corvette track day at Thunderhill Raceway