Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Cage Installed by Piper Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 09:58 PM
carefulnow
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I hope folk are willing to put up with criticism when they post showoff threads.

S bends are no good.
Those door bars are not supported at any point between the main hoop and front legs.
Said door bars have no margin between themselves and the seats, any deformation is going to crush the occupants at the hip. I'm fairly sure your pelvis being crushed sideways is going to hurt?
There is no intrusion protection (paneling) on the door bars to prevent **** like tow hooks and exhausts poking through.
Front legs are extremely close to the occupant's legs, again no margin for movement.
Is there a (straight) cross bar connecting the front legs?
Cross bar for the main hoop has two bends in it.

Just my $0.02 after having researched the **** out of cages for my own upcoming project.

Last edited by carefulnow; 02-10-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:02 PM
jwebsta32
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Csix Zohsix
I hope folk are willing to put up with criticism when they post showoff threads.

S bends are no good.
Those door bars are not supported at any point between the main hoop and front legs.
Said door bars have no margin between themselves and the seats, any deformation is going to crush the occupants at the hip. I'm fairly sure your pelvis being crushed sideways is going to hurt?
There is no intrusion protection (paneling) on the door bars to prevent **** like tow hooks and exhausts poking through.
Front legs are extremely close to the occupant's legs, again no margin for movement.
Is there a (straight) cross bar connecting the front legs?
Cross bar for the main hoop has two bends in it.

Just my $0.02 after having researched the **** out of cages for my own upcoming project.
Are you implying that said cage in the OP's pics is unsafe or wrong? Can you post pics of what you think it should look like?
Old 02-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Buzartiano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just my $0.02 after having researched the **** out of cages for my own upcoming project.[/QUOTE]

As they say you get what you pay for!

Cant wait for you to post the pictures of your cage whens its done.
Dont forget to email me the pictures.

Buz
Old 02-11-2016, 03:22 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

wow looks amazing, hard to tell from the pictures, but were you able to keep the factory door glass
Old 02-12-2016, 03:28 PM
Buzartiano
Instructor

Originally Posted by PA Z06
wow looks amazing, hard to tell from the pictures, but were you able to keep the factory door glass
Yes windows are still in and are fully functional

Car is for HPDE only not full race.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:53 PM
carefulnow
Racer

Originally Posted by Buzartiano
As they say you get what you pay for!

Cant wait for you to post the pictures of your cage whens its done.
Dont forget to email me the pictures.
I'm sorry if I upset you, I wasn't intending to. At the end of the day any cage in a production car has an array of compromises. If you feel comfortable and safe I suppose it's not my responsibility to change that. Happy to shoot you some pics when I have something to show, if you're interested. I have a feeling our goals are a little different, as well.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Buzartiano
Instructor

Originally Posted by Csix Zohsix
I'm sorry if I upset you, I wasn't intending to. At the end of the day any cage in a production car has an array of compromises. If you feel comfortable and safe I suppose it's not my responsibility to change that. Happy to shoot you some pics when I have something to show, if you're interested. I have a feeling our goals are a little different, as well.

Hey never got those pictures of your awesome cage

whats the hold up?
Old 04-14-2016, 05:45 PM
carefulnow
Racer

Originally Posted by Buzartiano
Hey never got those pictures of your awesome cage

whats the hold up?
Sorry didnt see this reply until now; I don't frequent the forums.

Three weeks ago the car was trailered down to a fabrication shop in southern CA where the cage build + a few other things are taking place. 3-4 weeks out I would guess.

You still angry at me?

Quick Reply: Roll Cage Installed by Piper Motorsports