Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mille miglia

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:39 AM
dgmoses
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Mille miglia

Does anybody know if the 1954 Corvette might be eligible for the MILLE MIGLIA road rally? I looked on their website, but not really sure I understand where or what to look for. I know the year, '54, is okay, but not at all sure about the Corvette model.

I'm interested in shipping my 54 over to run it, but entry fees, shipping both ways, misc. expenses might quickly move this event out of my comfort zone price wise.

Don Moses
Bayview, TX
Old 12-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by dgmoses
Does anybody know if the 1954 Corvette might be eligible for the MILLE MIGLIA road rally? I looked on their website, but not really sure I understand where or what to look for. I know the year, '54, is okay, but not at all sure about the Corvette model.

I'm interested in shipping my 54 over to run it, but entry fees, shipping both ways, misc. expenses might quickly move this event out of my comfort zone price wise.

Don Moses
Bayview, TX
No, it's not. Only examples of cars that ran in, or were registered for, the original events are eligible. And even then that's only the first round of eligibility. Your car would then have to be "accepted" as an entry.

Here's the list:

http://www.1000miglia.eu/attach/Cont...19_11_2015.pdf

No Corvettes are listed (not even any Chevrolets.)

Z//
Old 12-22-2015, 01:01 PM
dgmoses
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well OK, Zoxxo. On the face of it it seems Corvettes from 53 and 54 should be in this event. I saw on Fantomworks (TV) that a '54 Oldsmobile ran in the event.

D.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by dgmoses
Well OK, Zoxxo. On the face of it it seems Corvettes from 53 and 54 should be in this event. I saw on Fantomworks (TV) that a '54 Oldsmobile ran in the event.
Yes, the 2014 running had the Olds 88 in it. But that fact alone doesn't mean that *anything* earlier than 1954 is eligible.

I know essentially nothing about the current running of the thing (aside from the fact that it bears little relationship to the original.) I simply related what their stated rules are on their web site. Given that the Olds was allowed to run after providing "extensively documented history researched as a condition of its acceptance in that legendary event." Just what evidence they had that would allow the car to run is unknown (to me, anyway) so make of that what you will. Going by their stated rules, the Corvette would not be allowed. Donate $10,000 to the organizers favorite charity, though... This *is* Italy, after all.

Z//
Old 12-25-2015, 09:55 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by Zoxxo
No, it's not. Only examples of cars that ran in, or were registered for, the original events are eligible. And even then that's only the first round of eligibility. Your car would then have to be "accepted" as an entry.

Here's the list:

http://www.1000miglia.eu/attach/Cont...19_11_2015.pdf

No Corvettes are listed (not even any Chevrolets.)

Z//
Here are the results (alphabetized by make) from 1954's race --
complete with an Oldsmobile entry which was a DNF.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...html?sort=Name

Get notified of new replies

To Mille miglia

Quick Reply: Mille miglia