Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing tourism

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 03:15 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Default Racing tourism

I've been considering organizing a trip to Europe for a major race event. There is a historic race at the Nürburgring in August that is the European equivalent of the Monterrey Historics. I'm envisioning a weekend at The Ring, plus auto museum and brewery and sightseeing tours.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group tour like this. I organize group tours for schools. I'm going to Provence in two weeks and London-Salisbury-Canterbury in March. Previously I've led tours to Edinburgh & London and London-Normandy-Paris.

I think this would be a lot of fun with a bunch of like-minded car racing fans.

Last edited by jcsperson; 01-09-2016 at 03:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jcsperson:
Captain Buddha (01-09-2016), parsonsj (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 06:28 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Most outstanding post! Keep it coming!
Old 01-09-2016, 08:10 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

A few questions:

1) Would you be interested in this if the price was right?

2) What sights would you like to see?

3) How long would you like the trip to be?

4) Would you want the trip to be all-inclusive (airfare, hotels, all meals) or more flexible (breakfast only---choose your own meals).

5) Top class hotels or budget?

6) Suggestions?
Old 01-09-2016, 10:24 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Would love to see something organized around the Goodwood Festival of Speed in England. Make the trip 7 days, middle of the road hotel, no meals, with a rental car. Side trips to be directed by the wife at her discretion.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

This type of thing can be fun. I did something just like this a few years ago. A friend of mine that has connections with Ferrari set up the trip. We went spent a couple of days in Maranello and stayed at the Planet hotel which overlooks the factory and the Fiorano race track, we got a private tour of the of the Ferrari factory including their clasique department, and we went to the Ferrari Museum. At the planet hotel we had all of the rooms on the top floor which are usually reserved for the teams F1 drivers. When I checked out they told me that I stayed in Kimi's room. I then did a side trip to Venice for a few days..... And then we went to Florance to watch the Ferrari world finals. The world finals were great because it had the final race of the season for the 430 and 360 challenge, the historic series, the FXX, and the F1 Cliente series. We also went to the awards dinner with Michael Schumacher, Philipe Massa, Kimi Richanin, and Piero Ferarri.

It was an amazing trip for a car nut!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:36 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

If anyone is seriously interested, let me know here or by PM. If I can get 25-30 interested folks, it's worth getting some quotes. BTW, "interest" doesn't mean commitment. There's no obligation at this point.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Captain Buddha
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 129 Posts

Definitely interested - always traveling for business though, but definitely interested! I like your pix, have been to a few of those places, fun times! What wife and I would like to do is the 24 heures de Le Mans!
Old 01-12-2016, 12:40 PM
jcsperson
Team Owner

NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Captain Buddha
Definitely interested - always traveling for business though, but definitely interested! I like your pix, have been to a few of those places, fun times! What wife and I would like to do is the 24 heures de Le Mans!
Oh, that's on my bucket list too.

If this goes well, I might do this as an annual CF event. It would be cool to hit a different track each summer.
The following users liked this post:
Captain Buddha (01-12-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Racing tourism

Quick Reply: Racing tourism