Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear view mirror in C5Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 02:55 PM
speedracernc
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default rear view mirror in C5Z

Hey everyone.
I need some suggestions for a rear view mirror in my C5Z. It is caged and if I put a mirror on the roll cage it sits too close to me to be effective. There was one mounted to the roof but angle was not adjustable and it was at the wrong angle for me to see. I have reverted back to a windshield mirror but it vibrates like crazy and makes it hard to see behind me. Show some pics of how yours is set up and what type it is if you don't mind.
thanks

Last edited by speedracernc; 01-12-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:45 AM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I have an Allview Mirror on my C5Z. It is the "Racers ALLVIEW™ Mirror" which has a mount that is designed for roll cages. I only used part of their mount. I also used some Longacre mirror mounts to push the mirror further forward and angle it.

Sorry about the absolutely HORRIBLE pictures but they are the best I can do right now. I think you can get the idea though.

This is a pic of the driver's side. The Allview bracket is the polished piece of metal and the Longacre bracket is the black anodized piece

On the passenger's side, I also have a video camera mounted to the Longacre bracket.

One more pic:

Again, sorry about the bad pics but maybe this gives you some more ideas.

Quick Reply: rear view mirror in C5Z