Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 z06 throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:16 AM
Toilets
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Default C7 z06 throttle response

Anyone have any good ideas for a better throttle response that would be more on par with a N/A motor? I know a SC motor will always act differently than a N/A motor however, I was looking for better throttle modulation capabilities especially while on the track.
I have heard that a ported throttle body helps combats this somewhat?? If not, is there any thing else that can help?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2016, 11:54 AM
GSpeed
Supporting Vendor

Received 852 Likes on 410 Posts

A tune will fix a lot of it. Is it too sensitive? Or dull/numb?

The blade doesn't actually open all the way until 5000 rpm/ish. Its very much reducing torque even when driver demand is at 100%
Old 01-28-2016, 01:22 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Originally Posted by GSpeed
A tune will fix a lot of it. Is it too sensitive? Or dull/numb?

The blade doesn't actually open all the way until 5000 rpm/ish. Its very much reducing torque even when driver demand is at 100%

Very dull on the initial application of the throttle. A noticeable delay. Or if you ever need to jab the throttle for a short burst. It's just not there like a NA car.

Sweeping corners also it's very noticeable. If your mid throttle to full then back to mid then back to full throttle etc. Modulation seems very difficult. Almost as if the throttle is a normal light switch rather than a dimmer light switch lol.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:07 PM
GSpeed
Supporting Vendor

Received 852 Likes on 410 Posts

I have a video showing the opening rates of a Stock C7. You would crack up at what it does. Ill work on posting it. The C7Z, is worse.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:18 PM
Toilets
Drifting

Originally Posted by GSpeed
I have a video showing the opening rates of a Stock C7. You would crack up at what it does. Ill work on posting it. The C7Z, is worse.
Ha! I bet. Learn something new about this computer controlled car every day. You can post on the mafia page if you like. You think a TB will work? I posted this on the general section and the responses were cai, tb and a vitesse throttle controller. Not sure which route to consider.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 z06 throttle response

Quick Reply: C7 z06 throttle response