Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

track car PPI near road atlanta - suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 10:49 AM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
Default track car PPI near road atlanta - suggestions?

I'm looking at a caged, SCCA C5 about a 1/2 north of Road Atlanta. wondering if anyone knows of a shop that would understand how to look over the car. It's not heavily modified mechanically in that it's not running coil overs, but it has a lot of track modifications including a full delete of the BCM - so most of the dash is gone and electrically I would call it heavily modified (push button start). looking for someone to go over the car mechanically, but also be able to weigh in on the wiring.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:22 AM
johnny c
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Vengence road racing is the place to go for that. it's 30 min from road Atlanta.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:25 AM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

The only person I would truly trust to go over a BCM-deleted car live northeast of Atlanta and is on the road all the time.

Call Vengeance Racing or MTI Racing and see if they can help with an inspection. Both are in the Atlanta area and both field consistent race winning cars.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:20 PM
braknl8
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brkntrxn
The only person I would truly trust to go over a BCM-deleted car live northeast of Atlanta and is on the road all the time.
Kevin, this is my car that's in question. I assume you're talking about Mark (on the road all the time) and he did the bcm delete.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:17 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cre8fun
I'm looking at a caged, SCCA C5 about a 1/2 north of Road Atlanta. wondering if anyone knows of a shop that would understand how to look over the car. It's not heavily modified mechanically in that it's not running coil overs, but it has a lot of track modifications including a full delete of the BCM - so most of the dash is gone and electrically I would call it heavily modified (push button start). looking for someone to go over the car mechanically, but also be able to weigh in on the wiring.
I truly hope that you don't buy the car, but if you do; you don't have anything to worry about. The car was built with blood, sweat, tears and meticulous attention to detail - not by stroking a check to some big name race shop who has a 10/hr employee build it for them.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:54 PM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sperkins
I truly hope that you don't buy the car, but if you do; you don't have anything to worry about. The car was built with blood, sweat, tears and meticulous attention to detail - not by stroking a check to some big name race shop who has a 10/hr employee build it for them.
Thanks for the reassurance. I told Chris last night that based on my PM with kevin I was no longer worried about doing a PPI. Assuming Chris is certain that he wants to sell, he and I will likely get together in the coming weeks.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Get notified of new replies

To track car PPI near road atlanta - suggestions?

Quick Reply: track car PPI near road atlanta - suggestions?