Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 harness bar install: How to pull B-pillar/interior panels without breaking them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Cashmo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C5 harness bar install: How to pull B-pillar/interior panels without breaking them?

Sorry, I searched but couldn't find any details on interior removal, only adverts. Trying to do a harness bar install on a C5 couple and while I've found pictures of a few interior panels online I'm not sure where to start or how to avoid breaking them, (no factory service manual yet). Ridetech documentation says to remove the "seal plate/kick panel and B-pillar panels". The long door sill panel seems to be on top of what I think they're calling the seal plate/kick panel so it seems I need to remove that first. Can I just pry them up with a flathead screw driver/putty knife? How about the B-Pillar panels?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 05-01-2016, 10:15 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

If I remember correctly, everything is either spring clips or obvious screws. I had some or all of these panels off to install BK harness bar and later an AMB transponder. I has been a few years though.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:45 AM
reefer
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, I forgot how hard it was to find good pictures of the z06 B-Pillar online.

I swapped out the speakers a few months back, and may do a harness bar sometime soon as well.

I remember just peeling back the door/windows gasket, taking off the seatbelt anchor(T-50?), and then just pulling back on the B-Pillar plastic with my hands. No need for screwdriver/putty knife/specialty plastic interior removal tools. It popped out and back in fairly easy.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Cashmo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, they did just pop straight out fairly easily.

Thanks,
Jeff

Get notified of new replies

To C5 harness bar install: How to pull B-pillar/interior panels without breaking them?

Quick Reply: C5 harness bar install: How to pull B-pillar/interior panels without breaking them?