Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Spoiler Options C6 ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Spdfrk81
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rear Spoiler Options C6 ZO6

Looking for rear spoiler options that will add some rear downforce but don't want to go to radical like a APR wing. Something more like the Katech rear spolier but not sure if they still make it. I have the GM Racing painted spoiler on it now. I notice APR has a spolier but not sure what the dimensions are, if it's any different than the ZR1 spoiler it looks very similar.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:29 AM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

ttt
Old 06-12-2016, 09:12 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

What do you use the car for? That has a lot to do with the type of spoiler. Also (and I am not an expert on aero) a rear spoiler will add some down force on the rear of the car , but with that when the rear is forced down, the front also need some down force. These cars are designed for normal driving and that includes highway and I have had mine up to 140 and I noticed no ill handling it did not feel light on the front or rear.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:57 AM
C6C3Vettes
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Rear sdpoiler z06 options

Originally Posted by Cyber Greg
ttt
I think Katech makes a CF one as well/

Old 06-13-2016, 12:21 AM
Spdfrk81
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Primary use is autocross and track days. I have a ZR1 front splitter to help with front downforce.

Originally Posted by BWF07
What do you use the car for? That has a lot to do with the type of spoiler. Also (and I am not an expert on aero) a rear spoiler will add some down force on the rear of the car , but with that when the rear is forced down, the front also need some down force. These cars are designed for normal driving and that includes highway and I have had mine up to 140 and I noticed no ill handling it did not feel light on the front or rear.
Old 06-13-2016, 10:27 AM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 819 Likes on 388 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Spdfrk81
Primary use is autocross and track days. I have a ZR1 front splitter to help with front downforce.

On most auto cross if not all of them a wing or spoiler is not needed as the courses don't usually allow for a great amount of speed so therefore your need for down force is a minimum requirement. If you are running real high speed event say at Daytona, Sebring, Road America, VIR and so on, you may find that a wing is more to what you really need. If that is not to your liking, then a large spoiler may do what you want.
Is the splitter reinforced or is it just bolted on as per the instructions? If not reinforced, I suggest that you do that, or what will happen is at high speeds, the air will actually force it to try and turn down as if it was going to turn under the car. The front bumper cover that it attaches to does not have the strength to really support it at speed.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Spoiler Options C6 ZO6

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler Options C6 ZO6