Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacific Raceway - Need Reference Numbers Please - Time and/or MPH

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 11:00 AM
cwikstro
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

It sounds like you are an active HPDE guy. I race in ICSCC group and we run at both Pacific Raceways and The Ridge in western WA. Any chance you are interested in going to wheel to wheel racing? If so we have a great novice program to get you to a licensed race driver. Our school is in April at the Ridge. If interested at all, you come out in your car and get a race driver instructor.
BTW my best at Pacific on A7's is 1:30.6 with 350 rwhp at 3325 lbs.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:34 AM
nskyline34
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cwikstro
It sounds like you are an active HPDE guy. I race in ICSCC group and we run at both Pacific Raceways and The Ridge in western WA. Any chance you are interested in going to wheel to wheel racing? If so we have a great novice program to get you to a licensed race driver. Our school is in April at the Ridge. If interested at all, you come out in your car and get a race driver instructor.
"Interested" doesnt come close. PM me info and it would be much appreciated. I see that you're moderately close to me, maybe one of the times you're at The Ridge or Pacific we could meet up and I could watch you and learn some things? Would love to put my Solo in your car for you to run 5-10 laps so I can have something to compare my driving to for better learning.

What class/car do you race within ICSCC?

Very interested in starting wheel to wheel in 2018 (that's the plan) - mainly because my car doesnt fit in any class and isnt legal at all for any SCCA anything, so buying a real race car is needed first.

Do they allow passengers at The Ridge? I'd love to just ride along with you (basically be a 'fly on the wall') so I can see/learn your line and how smooth you handle the car.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:48 AM
nskyline34
Racer

How do the A6's or A7's hold up compared to the NT01's? Do they last as long? 1/2 as long? or...? I know they heat cycle out before the tread is gone likely, but just trying to learn and understand.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:53 PM
cemaykan
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great to see fellow track rats in this region!
I've never been at Pacific with my C6 GS - But have been to Ridge twice so far. What is a good lap time at Ridge - My last run I was able to drop to 1:49.1 but don't have much reference to compare.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:04 AM
nskyline34
Racer

Anyone else have any data logged from pacific that I can compare mine too?
Old 02-06-2017, 11:36 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by cemaykan
I've never been at Pacific with my C6 GS - But have been to Ridge twice so far. What is a good lap time at Ridge - My last run I was able to drop to 1:49.1 but don't have much reference to compare.
1:49.1 is very fast, my best in a stock z51 c6 on street tires was 2:01 but I know I was leaving a lot on the table, especially at turn 1.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:03 AM
nskyline34
Racer

Originally Posted by freaknbigpanda
1:49.1 is very fast, my best in a stock z51 c6 on street tires was 2:01 but I know I was leaving a lot on the table, especially at turn 1.
arw gou talking about pacific or Portland ?
Old 02-07-2017, 12:12 AM
cwikstro
Racer

Hi, If you want to see past times for different classes of cars, this is all on the ICSCC website under events and results, just look at past events. Remember you won't know if wet or dry so keep that in mind.
That said, if you cam run a street car at 1:49 at the Ridge, you are quite good! Our class, Sport touring we ran 1:51's in the current configuration. (the track was changed a while back)

I hope you look into the racing license program too!
Old 02-07-2017, 12:18 AM
cwikstro
Racer

Originally Posted by nskyline34
Anyone else have any data logged from pacific that I can compare mine too?
Myself and many racers run AIM in our cars. It is easy to get us to share.
I really think it is not relevant unless you are in near equal cars. This is when data comparing really helps. I have seen guys find 3 seconds a lap after comparing data. It really helps.
In HPDE, most clubs or events don't want timers, since it isn't racing.
racing is racing and we really watch our times. In Sport Touring class last season we had 2 LS C5 Corvettes, 1 LS Porche 944, a couple of BMW's all within tenths of each other. This is because the class is weight to RWHP based. Really evens things out.

Come join us!
Old 02-07-2017, 12:21 AM
cwikstro
Racer

Football is over! Racing is a 2 ball sport!
Old 02-07-2017, 09:00 AM
nskyline34
Racer

Hi, If you want to see past times for different classes of cars, this is all on the ICSCC website under events and results, just look at past events. Remember you won't know if wet or dry so keep that in mind.
That said, if you cam run a street car at 1:49 at the Ridge, you are quite good! Our class, Sport touring we ran 1:51's in the current configuration. (the track was changed a while back)

I hope you look into the racing license program too!
heck yea man, I'm already looking into it and making the time to participate in April - need to see how much renting is snd hopefully do that too
Old 02-07-2017, 03:16 PM
nskyline34
Racer

Myself and many racers run AIM in our cars. It is easy to get us to share.
I really think it is not relevant unless you are in near equal cars. This is when data comparing really helps. I have seen guys find 3 seconds a lap after comparing data. It really helps.
In HPDE, most clubs or events don't want timers, since it isn't racing.
racing is racing and we really watch our times. In Sport Touring class last season we had 2 LS C5 Corvettes, 1 LS Porche 944, a couple of BMW's all within tenths of each other. This is because the class is weight to RWHP based. Really evens things out.

Come join us!
Got all the info printed and posted on the ICSCC forum about maybe renting an open wheel car. Pretty stoked for the possibilities.

I completely understand what you're saying about the data not being anything applicable or directly comparable, but I would still love to get some just to learn. What kind of a difference does the aero make? In the slower corners how much of a difference do the A7s (and lot more skill) make? Things like that. Just curious what it takes to run an X:XX:XX laptime. for example, in 3a/3b if youre going through there at 60mph, and I can only manage to do 30mph, obviously there is something I can learn because aero wouldnt have a huge help there. If you can go through T1 at 170mph, and I can only muster 140 mph, then I know that aero, tires, and skill is really adding up. Also overlaying the two graphs to see your line vs my line would be a huge help. I know you see them as apples : oranges, but there is still a lot that I can learn from it. Hell, it would be awesome to see some data from someone on a track in the dry and some in the wet to see how the line changes etc.

I'm an aerospace engineer - data is like **** to me. lol
Old 02-08-2017, 05:43 PM
cemaykan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nskyline34
arw gou talking about pacific or Portland ?
No this was Ridge.

Here is that lap:

I do think the car has more potential if i get the alignment and brakes sorted out though...
Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

No this was Ridge.

Here is that lap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YcD2Xx7Dso

I do think the car has more potential if i get the alignment and brakes sorted out though...

wow that that is extremely fast, what tires were you using?
Old 02-09-2017, 01:01 PM
cemaykan
Intermediate

wow that that is extremely fast, what tires were you using?
I'm using Nitto NT01's. They don't work too well in the snow couldn't drive my car in the latest snowstorm to work
Old 02-09-2017, 04:31 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Where do you get the nt01s? I don't see them on tirerack. Do they come in stock z06 sizes?
Old 02-09-2017, 05:49 PM
cemaykan
Intermediate

Where do you get the nt01s? I don't see them on tirerack. Do they come in stock z06 sizes?
Discounttire is the best place to get them. Shipped to your door or shop directly.

Get notified of new replies

To Pacific Raceway - Need Reference Numbers Please - Time and/or MPH

Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Discounttire is the best place to get them. Shipped to your door or shop directly.
what sizes do you run?
Old 02-10-2017, 10:33 AM
cemaykan
Intermediate

I use the stock GS rims and stock tire sizes. It is more then enough for the power.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:32 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

I wont ever run their again until they repave it. The owners spend every dime on the drag strip and nothing on the Road Course. I did an SCCA night there last june and in the corner leading into the long straight I was in 3rd gear and at the apex slowly fed in some gas, and the rear just lost it. Something it never did on the street. It hit the wall, bounced off (airbags went off and I was dazed even with a helmet on) and crossed over the grass and climbed over the concrete wall and landed on the dragstrip. I fractured two vertebrae and my sternum. And totaled my 2004 Z06. I learned later high HP cars should coast through that corner, but no one mentioned that in the drivers meeting. I did get insurance to cover it at least. I healed fast and now have a very cool 2002 Z06, but not going back there till they do something about that track, and it would be nice if they bulldozed some of the brush away along the track so you could walk all around and take pics....

Quick Reply: Pacific Raceway - Need Reference Numbers Please - Time and/or MPH