Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacific Raceway - Need Reference Numbers Please - Time and/or MPH

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 03:30 PM
nskyline34
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
I wont ever run their again until they repave it. The owners spend every dime on the drag strip and nothing on the Road Course. I did an SCCA night there last june and in the corner leading into the long straight I was in 3rd gear and at the apex slowly fed in some gas, and the rear just lost it. Something it never did on the street. It hit the wall, bounced off (airbags went off and I was dazed even with a helmet on) and crossed over the grass and climbed over the concrete wall and landed on the dragstrip. I fractured two vertebrae and my sternum. And totaled my 2004 Z06. I learned later high HP cars should coast through that corner, but no one mentioned that in the drivers meeting. I did get insurance to cover it at least. I healed fast and now have a very cool 2002 Z06, but not going back there till they do something about that track, and it would be nice if they bulldozed some of the brush away along the track so you could walk all around and take pics....
I know the exact bump you're talking about that upsets the car - its out at track left at the worst spot, so you go inside (to track right) it gets better. I'm always super conservative through there for the exact reason you experienced. That bump upsets the car so bad its not even funny. Really glad to hear you're ok, that's not exactly a slow point on the track - especially in a car basically made of plastic...

What's the new Z have done to it? Where are you tracking now?
Old 02-13-2017, 04:05 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Not gonna track for quite awhile yet. Just got it 3+ weeks ago, 2002 Z06, has ZR1 lip, side skirts, rear spoiler, Johnny O'Connell Shocks and Sway bars, Hawk 18/19" wheels with Potenzas on it and lots of other goodies. Under 9k miles so far. Need to do the valve springs, clear bra, JWM headlights, etc. Not coming out of the garage till April at the earliest....

I never even felt the bump but my Oldest Son was there with his track Miata and mentioned it. I got to know the kid that lives at the track and need to mention to him he should tell everyone to be real careful there.....

The new one:

My previous '04Z....

Last edited by JETninja; 02-13-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:28 PM
nskyline34
Racer

Well its really unfortunate that it happened, but I'm thinking you did a solid upgrade man! Well done!

Yea, my car has been out a few times this year, likely today will be another trip out too - trying to get the tune dialed in for 2017 season and to get through emissions! haha

Badass man! Hopefully I'll see you at the track!
Old 02-13-2017, 05:52 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

If not I do frequent E@RTC a number of times and also the Corvette show at Triple X Rootbeer in Issaquah in the Summer....

Right now trying to sand out a blemish right in the center of the front splitter...not fun!
Old 02-14-2017, 09:18 AM
nskyline34
Racer

What is E@RTC?

Also what was the insurance co you went through for your track day insurance and how much was it?

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2017, 07:38 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

Exotics at Redmond Town Center. Its run by volunteers and you'll see some of the most cool cars, plus they have a Ferrari, Porsche and British Car days, it happens on sunny Saturdays from April to Oct....

https://exoticsat.com/

And it was a SCCA track nite so not a race, I used my regular Pemco insurance and they paid me big time, then of course they dropped me later. Ha Ha....

Last edited by JETninja; 02-14-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:17 PM
nskyline34
Racer

Originally Posted by JETninja
Exotics at Redmond Town Center. Its run by volunteers and you'll see some of the most cool cars, plus they have a Ferrari, Porsche and British Car days, it happens on sunny Saturdays from April to Oct....

https://exoticsat.com/

And it was a SCCA track nite so not a race, I used my regular Pemco insurance and they paid me big time, then of course they dropped me later. Ha Ha....
oh oh oh yes, I love Cars and Coffee - something I seek out even on business trips. lol always so fun. I really want to finish my vette and camaro to be able to participate rather than just wander around, but still fun.

I cannot believe your reg insurance covered you!?!? did you tell them ahead of time you were going on the track or...? normally they all make it VERY obvious that they dont cover racing stuff...? How'd you manage that? or did you just drive down the road and back the car into a ditch or something? lol Saw that once with someone and a C6Z. lol felt terrible for him, but got a 'new' (to him) vette outta the deal - talk about making the best of a bad situation.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:44 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I think if it isn't racing, but a "driving school" they will cover it

Last edited by freaknbigpanda; 02-15-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:16 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

WA Events Coordinator

I read the coverage and it only said it would not cover racing, so since I was not racing they covered it. I left at the track for a few days then had a flat bed bring it home, then talked with the insurance company and eventually the took it away......to auction it off. They paid me more then I paid for the car plus enough for taxes and more....

The E@RTC is very well done, plus there are two Starbucks for coffee, and lots of shopping if your wife wants to look. I tend to bring my youngest Son (15) and we take a few pics and talk with fellow Vette friends. Lots of famiies show up pushing strollers etc. Starts at 8:30am and runs till 11ish......

Last edited by JETninja; 02-15-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Pacific Raceway - Need Reference Numbers Please - Time and/or MPH