Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Best lug nuts and studs money can buy, inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 03:32 PM
GSpeed
Supporting Vendor

Received 852 Likes on 410 Posts
Default The Best lug nuts and studs money can buy, inside

Here at GSpeed, we were dissatisfied with the options that were available for lug nuts and the typical ARP stud. They worked, and got the job done, but always left something to be desired.

These studs are bad to the bone, no other way about it:
  • 20mm starter cone; reduces chances of cross thread.
  • Heat treated for ultimate strength
  • Dry film is baked on, and stays on for years of service. No anti-seize needed. (Note: Heavy track usage may warrant more frequent replacement.)
  • Long enough for spacers and thicker wheel pads, yet short enough to save weight.

You may use your current lugnuts, or opt for ours.
  • Lugnuts come painted yellow, so you can see them, or chase them
  • Baked on moly coating never needs lubricant.
  • Low clearance for tight clearances on some wheels
  • 19mm socket

We will update the site so the lugnuts and studs can be purchased individually, they are currently in kit for, studs and lugnuts.

If you purchase a set of SKFs and studs from us, we will install them free of charge.

https://gspeed.com/product/vette-ext...tuds-lug-nuts/

"Keeping You on Track!"
http://www.gspeed.com
877-512-5180

Instagram_Facebook_YouTube

GSpeed C7Z Cooling Development

2014 NASA Texas TT1 Champion
2015 NASA Texas ST1 Champion
2018 NASA TTU & TT3 National Champions
2019 NASA ST2 National Champion
2019 NASA Texas TT2 Champion
2020 SCCA Majors COTA GT2 pole sitter
2020 SCCA Trans Am Road Atlanta SGT Winner
2022 NASA National Champion ST2
2023 NASA National Champion ST2
2023 NASA National Champion TT2

Last edited by GSpeed; 07-01-2016 at 03:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BigMonkey73 (06-28-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 06:58 PM
Kamran
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Any chance you could share a picture of how the tail wing arms in your web site are mounted to the chassis?

Any pictures with the rear facia plastic off?

Do you guys have the swan neck versions?

Last edited by Kamran; 06-25-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Look very similar to MSIs offerings.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:17 AM
Louis Gigliotti
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kamran
Any chance you could share a picture of how the tail wing arms in your web site are mounted to the chassis?

Any pictures with the rear facia plastic off?

Do you guys have the swan neck versions?
How we skinned that cat, Id rather not share. In a world full of copy cats and reverse engineers, its not hard, just how we chose to do it.

Its not a swan neck, and uses the known quanitiy GT2 wing from LG motorsports.

If youre considering purchasing one, I can explain in private how we mount the wing. I ask those that have purchased this kit not to share, as the imitators just come out of the wood work.

Old 07-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Kamran
Pro

Fair enough, I figured that since there was no response. I was actually trying to get ideas, since I'm trying to rig up something that'd dual purpose as tire trailer hitch as well as mounting point for a wing. I'm also thinking of possibly fabricating swan neck brackets.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:47 PM
GSpeed
Supporting Vendor

Received 852 Likes on 410 Posts

Fair enough, I figured that since there was no response. I was actually trying to get ideas, since I'm trying to rig up something that'd dual purpose as tire trailer hitch as well as mounting point for a wing. I'm also thinking of possibly fabricating swan neck brackets.
I wouldn't recommend ours for that purpose, no. The mounts were designed for this wing we understand pretty well, and hanging a trailer hitch off the back sort of throws all that out the window.

That being said, we'd love to fabricate something custom for you.

Jake
Old 07-01-2016, 04:33 PM
Kamran
Pro

Originally Posted by GSpeed
I wouldn't recommend ours for that purpose, no. The mounts were designed for this wing we understand pretty well, and hanging a trailer hitch off the back sort of throws all that out the window.

That being said, we'd love to fabricate something custom for you.

Jake
I appreciate it. I have a CNC programmer friend who has volunteered to help out, once I come up with a concussion. As much as I'd love to, it'd easier on my wallet!

Seeing those bolts coming out for mount point, I figured it wouldn't work for a small hitch, but I was just curious and trying to get ideas in order to get my act together!

I'm even thinking of coming up with a double exhaust tip to open up room for the chassis for mounting point. Or even a Ferarri style triple tip..something many members here would love to crucify me for!

Last edited by Kamran; 07-01-2016 at 04:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GSpeed (07-01-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Louis Gigliotti
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I appreciate it. I have a CNC programmer friend who has volunteered to help out, once I come up with a concussion. As much as I'd love to, it'd easier on my wallet!

Seeing those bolts coming out for mount point, I figured it wouldn't work for a small hitch, but I was just curious and trying to get ideas in order to get my act together!

I'm even thinking of coming up with a double exhaust tip to open up room for the chassis for mounting point. Or even a Ferarri style triple tip..something many members here would love to crucify me for!

We ran some FEA numbers for the wing itself, and it could probably support a small tire trailer, with say 50-75lbs of tongue weight, but with out figuring out exactly the load rolling down the highway, its hard to say.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Kamran
Pro

Originally Posted by Louis Gigliotti
We ran some FEA numbers for the wing itself, and it could probably support a small tire trailer, with say 50-75lbs of tongue weight, but with out figuring out exactly the load rolling down the highway, its hard to say.
What I'm thinking is putting one tire in the trunk (since two wouldn't fit), then put three in one of these:
http://m.harborfreight.com/500-lb-ca...not%20provided

I'm trying to come up with a bracket, attaching at two point to the chassis, with a center 2" tongue to support this. Then at the two chassis attachment points would each have a gusset to attach each of the wing brackets. It'll most likely be a while before I am able to think through a clean design, where I don't get egged on the street by Corvette enthusiasts!

Sorry for the thread/jacking, hopefully GSpeed doesn't mind all the free bumps!

Last edited by Kamran; 07-02-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To The Best lug nuts and studs money can buy, inside

Quick Reply: The Best lug nuts and studs money can buy, inside