Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway bars and shocks for c5 track car

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 10:48 AM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

At your experience level, i would just go with LG G2 coilovers and sway bars and be done with it.
The following 2 users liked this post by hungryhippo:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (08-18-2016), LG Motorsports (08-19-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 11:20 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Vic. Sorry I missed you tonight. Let's talk on Monday (I'm out of town rest of the week running a Gen 5 Camaro for another company at a 3 day event).

As you can see there is no shortage of options. If your area code is any indication of where you live, I'm down that way a lot and at some event could put you in the right seat to see what a car can do without a crazy amount spent.

I'm a dealer for a lot of parts. I make my own sway bars, and we have a lot of different sizes. I have other brands too, Pfadt, Hotchkis, Eibach, etc. I carry JRZ, Koni, Bilstein, Ridetech, KW, MCS and a few others for shocks. I don't tend to recommend things until I talk to the person so we know what's what in terms of parts on the car, use of the car, etc. Yeah, it takes longer but I know when I'm spending money I like to make sure someone is looking out and willing to discuss various things.

What I'd do for bars, for instance, will change depending on what I'm told about tires, tire/wheel size, and preferred alignment. All those things change the balance of the car, and a car with less negative camber tends to be more ok with a bigger rear bar. But add grip in the front and all of a sudden a big rear bar becomes too much. Same with tires that are staggered vs. square in size, etc.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 08-19-2016, 08:59 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by hungryhippo
At your experience level, i would just go with LG G2 coilovers and sway bars and be done with it.
I agree. We have dialed in our LG Bars and suspension parts to balance the car and that will not change with any tire choice unless you change the size of the tires from the original.

Everyone is an expert but we have focused our parts on what the Corvette needs while the Factrory has made sure that all the cars that they make have under steer to allow inexperienced drivers to control loss of traction just by slowing down.

True balance seeks a neutral handling car where the font and rear do maximum work and they both give up traction at the same time.

Take any stock Corvette to the track and find a long high speed sweeper and bring the car up to the limit of the tires. You will be able to give the steering wheel more input but all the front end will do is make tire noise. All stock cars are made this way because Factories want it that way.

Feel free to call me at LG Motorsports and I will personally help with your choices. I spend more time at the track testing our street parts than I did testing our race cars in the past,.

There is no package available that has had more testing and validation on track than our LG Parts.
Last week it was 103 degrees and we were validating C7 Supercharger cooling. What a great job!!

Someone has to do it. .

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti

This car has our LG front and Rear balanced sway bars, Spherical bearings, drop spindles, Dual LG Supercharger Coolers, LG Transmission Colling package, LG Oil cooler package, LG Large Louvered extractor hood, LG Super Cool Engine radiator and fan package. LG Side Skirts and Front Splitter - - Tested by Lou Gigliotti, winner of 25 world challenge races, 3 World Challenge championships, Builder of dozens or race winning cars from World Challenge to Trans Am. Winner of Long Beach Trans Am GP, Lime Rock Trans Am, Daytona Paul Revere 250 and more. We test our products harder and with more racing knowledge than anyone in the Corvette Aftermarket world. -Thanks

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 08-19-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:52 PM
ponycar
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Vic is driving at a level where the stock C5 non Z06 sways, shocks, and springs are not sufficient. I would like to work harder to go by him. I would recommend upgrading with one of the vendors that have chimed in. I have bought from both with great results. David C.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:40 PM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Cheap, simple and fast.

Z51 or ZO6 leaf springs
Front T1 bar, stock rear bar (with adjustable end links)
'04 C5Z shocks with Banski pin top delrin shock bushings
Pfadt Poly or RideTech delrin control arm bushings
Corner balance & Alignment
The following users liked this post:
LG Motorsports (08-19-2016)
Old 08-19-2016, 09:40 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by sperkins
Cheap, simple and fast.

Z51 or ZO6 leaf springs
Front T1 bar, stock rear bar (with adjustable end links)
'04 C5Z shocks with Banski pin top delrin shock bushings
Pfadt Poly or RideTech delrin control arm bushings
Corner balance & Alignment
Our C5 bars are less expensive than the T1 bars

We offer exchange on A arms with Spherical bearings installed. Our bearings have a long life and correct fit.

Our Shocks are a direct replacement Bilstein or our own Brand

We even have spherical kits for the C7 cars as well.

Tuned and tested package.

Give us a call.
thanks

Lou Gigliotti

Quick Reply: Sway bars and shocks for c5 track car