Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The New Pavement at VIR is

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 04:27 PM
truth.b
Drifting

Received 119 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
How does one go about getting track time at vir? Is there a thread somewhere on the forum for groups etc? When I called they said that I would have to be part of a private group.
If you're not part of a car club or organization the easiest way to get on track is to look up HPDE events via Motorsportsreg (link below). I have a couple groups that I run with but in the beginning I would look at VIR's calendar and basically ask around about the group running the event.

Link --> Motorsportsreg Events @ VIR

Link --> VIR official track calendar
Old 09-18-2016, 10:53 PM
cre8fun
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danielwebb
How does one go about getting track time at vir? Is there a thread somewhere on the forum for groups etc? When I called they said that I would have to be part of a private group.
I will be there next Mon-tues. looks like they have more room,, (http://performancedrivingexperience....eway-alton-va/)
Old 09-19-2016, 12:16 AM
bigmackloud
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

I just ran VIR with Tarheel sports car club. You don't have to be a member to run with them. I also really like TrackDaze events, which will be at VIR in Nov. Thursday will be full course, Friday will be grand course. You can also run an hpde with NASA at vir. Lots of good options.

Quick Reply: The New Pavement at VIR is