Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CSCC Autocross Practice video. 8/20/2016.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 06:32 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Default CSCC Autocross Practice video. 8/20/2016.

Had some different shocks this time. The back seemed a little loose, but a few adjustments should help things out. The track was okay with a few fun sections. 55.2

Here's the Master at work. 55.0

Steve

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 08-22-2016 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:01 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Awesome laps guys!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:38 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets
Awesome laps guys!
Thanks Randy. How's your car?
Old 08-29-2016, 07:51 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Thanks Randy. How's your car?
Well....I don't know at this point. During the competition laps it became "un-raceable". I got two hot laps in (took 2nd place) and the car did OK. Then Matt jumped in, and about half way through his first lap the car started dinging and every error message under the sun showed up in the DIC (Shocks inoperative, service active handling, etc....like 6 different messages). We restarted and the messages cleared, so he went back out and even worse...errors and the car had no power (and he said it just shifted up to 5th by itself). I unhooked the battery, and tried the reset the computer...then I tried my 3rd lap and it was a mess....power on, power off, power on, power off (all with my foot pegged to the floor)...I finally just let off, shifted back into auto and gently brought it back in. We put it away for the day. Matt was bummed because it cost him big time in the points!

Brian S (not Peters) offered up his car and I did my last lap in it. But, being somebody else's car I just took it easy (although I did do the first half of the track in 1st gear....gotta love a Z06!). BTW...Brian's car rocks!

I now realize that I've failed my son as a parent because he had to sit his last laps out because he never learned to drive a stick. Fail on my part!

I took the car to the dealer and they didn't think it was mechanical....they said it must be electrical, but they couldn't find it or recreate....of course I couldn't recreate it on the street either...this only happens at 10/10ths on the AX course. They said they basically checked and re-seated all the electrical connections and thought that might solve my problem.

The car is driving fine on the street, so I won't know until our next event. The current symptoms do sound electrical to me (the dinging and error codes for so many systems at once plus the car driving fine on the street seem to indicate something like that). The only problem is, I was having that high 2nd gear slippage issue previous to this (which did feel mechanical to me).

I'm now kinda in limbo...waiting for the next event to see where I'm really at. Really not looking forward to trying to solve an intermittent problem.

Maybe it's time to start shopping?

Last edited by DigitalWidgets; 08-29-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To CSCC Autocross Practice video. 8/20/2016.

Quick Reply: CSCC Autocross Practice video. 8/20/2016.