Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:09 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts

We recently wrapped up another suspension transformation on a customer's 2011 Z07 equipped Z06. He was a little reluctant to change out everything that GM worked so hard to engineer (springs, shocks, sway bars etc), but after agreeing to let me change the parts out, he couldn't be happier.

The customer had quite a few track days under his belt and had a good handle on the car. He had personal bests at the local tracks (Thunderhill and Laguna Seca) so we had good data to work with.

After a day and a half in the shop installing LG Motorsports mono ball control arm bushings, GT2 adjustable coil overs, G2 sway bars and camber kit we got the car on the alignment rack/scales to get it dialed in. I basically duplicated the settings under my C6Z that has proved itself to be very competitive.

After picking the car up, the customer basically headed straight to the track to test the new setup. After a couple phone calls and me offering shock setting and tire pressure advise, he reported back that he was 6 seconds faster at Laguna Seca. The next weekend he went to Thunderhill and reported over a 3 second improvement compared to his previous personal best only a couple weeks prior.

For anybody on the fence about what mods to do to help make a great track car, look no further than LG Motorsports. I have a lot to thank them for with all the support and assistance they've given me on our car, but it's really enjoyable to see others getting the same results.

Logan, thanks for the business and I told you this stuff works.

His car....

My LG Motorsports equipped C6Z that is currently leading Optima's Search For The Ultimate Street Car point chase.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Racin Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Impressive results guys! Nice work Rich.... great driving Logan!

-Dave
Old 08-25-2016, 10:30 AM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

you cant argue with lap times.
so very cool to see back to back results so close with just the mods being the difference.

unless it was raining the last time he went out
Old 08-25-2016, 10:35 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
you cant argue with lap times.
so very cool to see back to back results so close with just the mods being the difference.

unless it was raining the last time he went out
Definitely not raining. It was as close of an A-B comparison as you can get. Same driver, same car, similar conditions on track.
The following users liked this post:
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 10:50 AM
STANG KILLA SS
Safety Car

Received 378 Likes on 265 Posts

for sure thats whats so cool, its rare to get those kind of 1 variable comparisons.
bad ***.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:14 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Amazing what the right parts and the right setup can do! Good work guys!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:26 PM
Logan Palmer
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks again Rich!

For reference. I was running 1.42.00's at laguna on 315/335 R888's with aero. After Suspension 1.36.02's on a 90db day same tires.

At thunderhill I couldn't break two minutes if I tried. Best time was two minutes flat running the bypass.
After suspension we did a day running over the top and I ran 1.57's.

Yeah, It the set up works. Time to start learning how to drive!
With suspension
Old 08-26-2016, 01:59 AM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default adjustables or G2's for our three road courses?

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
We recently wrapped up another suspension transformation on a customer's 2011 Z07 equipped Z06. He was a little reluctant to change out everything that GM worked so hard to engineer (springs, shocks, sway bars etc), but after agreeing to let me change the parts out, he couldn't be happier.

The customer had quite a few track days under his belt and had a good handle on the car. He had personal bests at the local tracks (Thunderhill and Laguna Seca) so we had good data to work with.

After a day and a half in the shop installing LG Motorsports mono ball control arm bushings, GT2 adjustable coil overs, G2 sway bars and camber kit we got the car on the alignment rack/scales to get it dialed in. I basically duplicated the settings under my C6Z that has proved itself to be very competitive.

After picking the car up, the customer basically headed straight to the track to test the new setup. After a couple phone calls and me offering shock setting and tire pressure advise, he reported back that he was 6 seconds faster at Laguna Seca. The next weekend he went to Thunderhill and reported over a 3 second improvement compared to his previous personal best only a couple weeks prior.

For anybody on the fence about what mods to do to help make a great track car, look no further than LG Motorsports. I have a lot to thank them for with all the support and assistance they've given me on our car, but it's really enjoyable to see others getting the same results.

Logan, thanks for the business and I told you this stuff works.

His car....

My LG Motorsports equipped C6Z that is currently leading Optima's Search For The Ultimate Street Car point chase.

Hey Rich, I am about to order a coil over set from LG Motorsports and thought I’d ask your opinion about their adjustables vs their G2 design for use on our three road courses we have locally. I know each driver is different, so let me begin with what my focus is. Coming from the east bay, I’ve been driving my ’08 C6 on our three tracks for 6 years. For a guy that does not compete, but is involved in upper tiered HPDE events, wouldn’t I benefit most from their G2 design? Personally I’d like to simplify my set up adjustments prior to going to our tracks. I know some drivers really like to focus on fine tuning their car for each individual track, but I’d prefer not having to do this. As a reference point, my wide-bodied car has the following suspension modifications: poly bushings, big brake calipers, upgraded rotors, Pfadt sway bars and my tires are squared 18”Avon slicks. I do enjoy wrenching and have done 99% of my own work on my car, yet I hesitate getting involved in adjustables. May I ask what you would think I’d be most happy with here?
Thanks, dirk
(oh by the way, thanks for helping me find Gene Teves over near Lodi. You helped me locate him so that I could buy his wide bodied quarter panels that he originally had purchased from you)
Old 08-26-2016, 11:43 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Dirk Miller
Hey Rich, I am about to order a coil over set from LG Motorsports and thought I’d ask your opinion about their adjustables vs their G2 design for use on our three road courses we have locally. I know each driver is different, so let me begin with what my focus is. Coming from the east bay, I’ve been driving my ’08 C6 on our three tracks for 6 years. For a guy that does not compete, but is involved in upper tiered HPDE events, wouldn’t I benefit most from their G2 design? Personally I’d like to simplify my set up adjustments prior to going to our tracks. I know some drivers really like to focus on fine tuning their car for each individual track, but I’d prefer not having to do this. As a reference point, my wide-bodied car has the following suspension modifications: poly bushings, big brake calipers, upgraded rotors, Pfadt sway bars and my tires are squared 18”Avon slicks. I do enjoy wrenching and have done 99% of my own work on my car, yet I hesitate getting involved in adjustables. May I ask what you would think I’d be most happy with here?
Thanks, dirk
(oh by the way, thanks for helping me find Gene Teves over near Lodi. You helped me locate him so that I could buy his wide bodied quarter panels that he originally had purchased from you)
If you're more the set it and forget it type then the G2's will be fine. I originally went with the GT2 versions because we auto cross and do road course events on both street tires and Hoosiers. I really wanted to be able to adjust for the different setups. Because of that I have got to be really good at making the adjustments required to optimize the car every time I drive it.

I am really glad I did the adjustable versions because I find myself making a lot of small adjustments if the track conditions change or I switch tires. I also make changes if the car is pushy or loose. 1 or 2 clicks on the shocks makes a noticeable change in how the car handles.

One thing I would most certainly do it throw the Pfadt bars in the trash and order LG bars with the coil overs. The Pfadt bars are junk and you will notice a difference with a set of bars that works. The splined arms wear out, the end links suck and they break the orange pieces when pushed hard. I can get a price on the entire kit for you so that you have a setup that works.

If you're not worried about always optimizing the car for conditions and you always plan to run the same tires then go with the G2 versions. Anthony is really good at setting them up and valving appropriately for each individual car so they will be a huge improvement over what you have now, but if you make changes to the car, they should be re-valved to benefit the most from them.

What types of lap times are you running at our local tracks?
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (08-29-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 02:15 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Rich is a wealth of knowledge with the setup on track and adjustments as he has been rocking it for a number of years and quite a few wins under his belt with it.

If anyone has any questions hit me or Rich up. Always happy to help any way I can.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:56 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Rich is a wealth of knowledge with the setup on track and adjustments as he has been rocking it for a number of years and quite a few wins under his belt with it.

If anyone has any questions hit me or Rich up. Always happy to help any way I can.
Thanks Anthony. Tomorrow and Friday will be fun. Logan (the OP) and I will be at Thunderhill both days letting the ACRs and Porsches chase us around.
Anthony @ LGMotorsports (08-31-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts

Quick Reply: Another Car Transformed With LG Motorsports Parts