Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Friction 01 Compound vs. Carbotech XP20?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 05:20 PM
BaylorCorvette
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Performance Friction 01 Compound vs. Carbotech XP20?

I'd like to get some input from people that have experience with these pads. Is the extra ~$100 worth it for PFC 01 pads vs Carbotech XP20's? I've only had experience with HAWK DTC 70 and Carbotech XP20 (this is for the fronts), I wasn't a fan of the HAWK since they are corrosive, not sure if the PFC's are as well?

Anyways, I feel like the Carbotech's worked pretty good. But there are some locals that swear PFC is on a whole different level when compared to Carbotech, HAWK and even Cobalt.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:16 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

I have always been a big XP12 user for the fronts. I did try a set of the 01s for 1 track day when I was still running my stock wheels. I can't remember if they were much better or worse stopping wise, but they trashed my wheels so bad, I never used them again. I could not get the brake dust off of the wheels. Don't know what they use, but it will not come off the wheels. Just my experience.

HTH.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:29 PM
SunnydayDILYSI
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I've run the PFC 01s, Carbo RP2s, and Carbo XP24s. I think the PFCs have a bit more modulation and are my current preference. XP24s hold up a bit better than the RP2s. All good pads though.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:34 AM
Soloontario
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have run Carbotech 10s and 12s as well as PFC 11s. For me the PFC was clearly the superior pad in all ways but the PFC 11 is probably a bit much for Michelin Sport Cup 2s. The PFC s lasted longer than the Carbos but not enough to justify the price.

Using Raybestos ST43 now, (apparently these may be the same as Wilwood H ) and quite happy with them.

Obviously the best pad choice will depend on the tire you use.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:58 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I run the PFC-01's on my '01Z with AP brakes/rotors, and Carbotechs on my '07Z with AP brakes. Both setups work well. Haven't tried comparing them on the same car.
Neither cause excessive rotor wear on my cars.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:20 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

I have run both compounds on ST brakes C5Z. I race on Xp20's
Old 09-29-2016, 08:31 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Bump for some reviews. I'm interested in these compounds as well.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:26 PM
SunnydayDILYSI
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by phipp85
Bump for some reviews. I'm interested in these compounds as well.
What else do you want to know? I've run the Wilwood H's as well. All of the above are solid track pads, but the PFCs have the best combo of bite, modulation, and lifespan (also most expensive). Carbo's are better than the Wilwoods, but the Wilwoods are a fair amount less expensive. Overall, if just doing HPDE, Wilwoods are probably best bang for the buck. If looking for best overall pad, then the PFC.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:04 PM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SunnydayDILYSI
What else do you want to know? I've run the Wilwood H's as well. All of the above are solid track pads, but the PFCs have the best combo of bite, modulation, and lifespan (also most expensive). Carbo's are better than the Wilwoods, but the Wilwoods are a fair amount less expensive. Overall, if just doing HPDE, Wilwoods are probably best bang for the buck. If looking for best overall pad, then the PFC.
Nothing specifically. Safety in numbers. The more good experiences and comparisons your hear, the better you feel about a particular decision.

I just started a seperate thread on Cobalt pads if you have any input for that one.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Friction 01 Compound vs. Carbotech XP20?

Quick Reply: Performance Friction 01 Compound vs. Carbotech XP20?