Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear camber adjustment with Pfadt camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Default rear camber adjustment with Pfadt camber kit

I have acquired my first Corvette, 2001 Z06. I will use it primarily for HPDE.
It has the Pfadt camber kit on it but the rear is set to -1.9. I would like to change it to -1 to -1.1. I don't see that aFe Pfadt sells shim replacement packs and I got nothing with the car.
The front is -1.5 / -1.6 so I'm good there but I could use some shims for the front as well. Those look a bit simpler, i think I could make those if I had to.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by Bossdog; 12-06-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:54 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

On the steel frame cars the only way to adjust rear camber is via the lower camber plates. The afe pfadt kits should have come with extras. use the plates that will bring the lower arms further inboard and then recheck the alignment. I have attached their installation guide which outlines the process.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
camber-kit-install.pdf (529.3 KB, 126 views)
Old 12-07-2016, 07:16 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

You could also upgrade to the AMT Motorsport camber kit which allows adjustment in the rear without having to swap plates in and out. We will be selling kits for the rear-only for just this purpose.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Bossdog
Racer

Originally Posted by el es tu
On the steel frame cars the only way to adjust rear camber is via the lower camber plates. The afe pfadt kits should have come with extras. use the plates that will bring the lower arms further inboard and then recheck the alignment. I have attached their installation guide which outlines the process.

Yes, I understand all that, thank you. No shims of any kind came with the car. I am inquiring how I might acquire some Pfadt shims without spending $350 on a new full kit. I don't see anywhere that shims only are available
Old 12-07-2016, 09:26 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

I hate that you have to keep track of a stack of different plates - on a couple of occasions Ive had the aligner try and keep the extra stuff as if I wouldnt notice...

As far as the the lower adjustment plates go, you could contact pfadt directly.
Alot of the replacement parts they sell arent on their site, but theyre usually willing to try and help out their customers.

Otherwise if youre stuck having to get a whole new pfadt kit, the AMT ones look like a great option at a significantly lower price with more features.

As far as the upper shims go, they are are generic - you can get them for cheap from mcmaster carr
Old 12-09-2016, 03:31 PM
ZishanM
Pro

Received 275 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossdog
Yes, I understand all that, thank you. No shims of any kind came with the car. I am inquiring how I might acquire some Pfadt shims without spending $350 on a new full kit. I don't see anywhere that shims only are available
I tried to get a hold of the replacement plates and was totally unsuccessful. Let me know if you're able to get further.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:38 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Originally Posted by ZishanM
I tried to get a hold of the replacement plates and was totally unsuccessful. Let me know if you're able to get further.
I've call afe/Pfadt and also emailed them. No response yet. I'm not easily dissuaded, I've been selling for 32 years. I'll keep on them. I can't believe this is not a common issue. I have a bunch of stuff still to do on my car. I'd hate to have to go away from afe/Pfadt because they don't support the products the already have in the field.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:15 AM
54fighting
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

In to win! Thanks
Old 12-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Bossdog
Racer

Originally Posted by 54fighting
In to win! Thanks
I think your in the wrong thread. I think THIS is the thread you were looking for.

Last edited by Bossdog; 12-12-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 08:55 PM
Bossdog
Racer

I have heard back from AFE / Pfadt regarding the C5 rear camber spacers. Pfadt will sell a full set of rear camber spacers for $150

Instruction on how to do so below:

If you are interested in purchasing this kit please follow the following instructions -

You will need to go on to the aFe CONTROL website (following the link provided below) and order qty 15 of the following Miscellaneous charge

http://store.afecontrol.com/misc-service-charge/

In the notes, please enter part # 00P-0A1068-A

My question is do I NEED a camber kit in the rear to achieve -1.1?

Thanks for any input

Last edited by Bossdog; 12-12-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:40 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

I have heard back from AFE / Pfadt regarding the C5 rear camber spacers. Pfadt will sell a full set of rear camber spacers for $150

Instruction on how to do so below:

If you are interested in purchasing this kit please follow the following instructions -

You will need to go on to the aFe CONTROL website (following the link provided below) and order qty 15 of the following Miscellaneous charge

http://store.afecontrol.com/misc-service-charge/

In the notes, please enter part # 00P-0A1068-A

My question is do I NEED a camber kit in the rear to achieve -1.1?

Thanks for any input
Depends on the car, but my car can/could get -1.1 rear with the oem bolts.

Old 12-13-2016, 03:43 PM
dbratten
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Bossdog -- what plate is in the rear now? How many notches? You may be able to flip it and get the range of camber you are looking for.

Going back to stock will give you the camber you want but then you'll have the possible movement of the eccentric if not torqued very tight.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:52 AM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I've call afe/Pfadt and also emailed them. No response yet. I'm not easily dissuaded, I've been selling for 32 years. I'll keep on them. I can't believe this is not a common issue. I have a bunch of stuff still to do on my car. I'd hate to have to go away from afe/Pfadt because they don't support the products the already have in the field.
I've reached out to to them for some replacement parts for their spherical kit and got no response back as well.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:34 AM
Bossdog
Racer

Originally Posted by phipp85
I've reached out to to them for some replacement parts for their spherical kit and got no response back as well.
I had better luck going in the " sales door" rather than the " service ". I spoke with Marvin in sales and he got me an answer. Service did eventually reply with the same answer but it took a while.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 PM
kk5zc
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the price of the rear only kit. What is the degree change between each of the 10 setting?

Bobby

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
You could also upgrade to the AMT Motorsport camber kit which allows adjustment in the rear without having to swap plates in and out. We will be selling kits for the rear-only for just this purpose.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by kk5zc
What is the price of the rear only kit. What is the degree change between each of the 10 setting?

Bobby
The rear only kit is $135 plus shipping. The degree change between each setting is not the same across every position just based on the nature of how the camber plate position is moved within the slot. Not only that but no 2 cars or suspension setups are identical so what the change may be on my car may not be the same on your car. Lastly, I haven't recorded the camber change in each position simply because it would take hours to do so and the results wouldn't be the same for everyone. What I can say is you should have no problem getting to -2.0 in the back and it will adjust all the way down to zero if you want.

I've said elsewhere and I'll say it here again - if you're someone who wants to see your camber settings identical on each side of the car then this probably isn't the kit for you. There is more rear adjustment available than anything else on the market but it's not perfect adjustment.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 12-18-2016 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:07 AM
Bossdog
Racer

Originally Posted by dbratten
Bossdog -- what plate is in the rear now? How many notches? You may be able to flip it and get the range of camber you are looking for.

Going back to stock will give you the camber you want but then you'll have the possible movement of the eccentric if not torqued very tight.
I don't recall which plate is installed, the car is in storage right now and not easily accessable. The camber is currently set at -1.9. AFE says the max camber with their kit in the rear is -1.7. So, i assume the plate installed is the Max plate. Reversing it I would then assume is the minimum which would be arounf zero, which AFE says is the minimum

Last edited by Bossdog; 12-19-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To rear camber adjustment with Pfadt camber kit

Quick Reply: rear camber adjustment with Pfadt camber kit