Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is rear castor adjustable on a C6 thru the UCAs or otherwise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts
Default Is rear castor adjustable on a C6 thru the UCAs or otherwise?

I'm messing with stuff in my driveway and trying to give myself the best chance of leaving the alignment shop with the best alignment I can get.

I tinkered with the UCA's and the washers underneath and was able to maximize negative camber while also increasing castor.

Now for the rear my questions are: will the same UCA tricks I used up front work in the rear?

And is more always better when it comes to positive castor in the rear?

Any other way to adjust castor in the rear that I'm not aware of?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2016, 08:10 AM
93ASP
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you have a C6Z or ZR1 there are more options for adjusting rear castor as they have the same upper arm connection in the rear as the front. On the standard car when you change rear camber you are also changing rear castor some amount. If you want more adjustment on the steel chassis then you're into offset bushings in the upper control arm.

I don't know what rear castor angles to target - when I'm adjusting that I'm targeting a bump steer curve and using a bump steer gauge.
The following users liked this post:
Suns_PSD (12-08-2016)

Quick Reply: Is rear castor adjustable on a C6 thru the UCAs or otherwise?