Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Session 3 video from 1.14.17 in Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 06:16 PM
azoufan
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Session 3 video from 1.14.17 in Phoenix

Wild Horse Pass West track this weekend. I got some line advice from a friend of mine and the guy who owns the shop that works on the car. Tires are A7's that I bought with "a few" heat cycles on them already, this is the 12th heat cycle I put on them personally, so they are definitely not as fast. There was so much traffic here that it probably didn't make much of a difference, but my fastest time was one of the first laps in the morning, kept falling off throughout the day.

Car is an 09 Z06 with rotors, pads, lines and fluid, Hoosier A7's with anywhere from 14-20 heat cycles on them and seats / harnesses. Stock motor and suspension. Looks like race group qualifying low time was 1:00:xx in purpose built race cars. This is the Intermediate "Orange" group of drivers / cars.

Still have a ways to go (I missed a 3-2 downshift for heaven's sake!) and there's a lot of time out there for me to pick up. Hope you all enjoy!

Old 01-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Mordeth
Melting Slicks

Received 1,678 Likes on 878 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '10, '17

Looks like a good day! Great driving and thanks for sharing.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:16 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm one of the guys in race group. Red C5. Lines look good. Feel free to hit me up next track day. Stop buying A7s! Get some NTo1s or 888Rs. Last 4x times as long, more consistent, more forgiving and cheaper! PM me for the place to get tires. Are you using Flatout as your shop? Part of ACR (Arizona Corvette Racing?).
Here is my youtube channel that you might find useful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdH...wkvtf56X1WRAnQ

Get notified of new replies

To Session 3 video from 1.14.17 in Phoenix

Quick Reply: Session 3 video from 1.14.17 in Phoenix