Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boos Performance or DRM Motorsports for track car work in MN?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 08:55 PM
tytek
Gasoline Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Boos Performance or DRM Motorsports for track car work in MN?

As the title states... who to take my C5Z track car to for some maintenance work in Mpls, MN area?

I heard good things about Boos and DRM is obviously well known. Looking for good service and reasonable prices. Don't have the time to do the work myself, so have to outsource.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:42 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have never heard of Boos performance. DRM has had a positive reputation for quality work for as long as I have been on the forum - 15 years. I have purchased several of their cooler kits and other items for my C5 track car over the years - always quality product and service.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:19 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

don't know boos but DRM is the real deal. had my track car built there
Old 01-21-2017, 06:08 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I know Doug and Todd very well and they are top notch guys and know their Corvettes. I've heard positive things about Boos but don't know them. DRM IMO is the way to go.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:23 PM
MySR71
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I took my car to DRM in 2011 when Randy and Todd were there. I don't think Randy does the office work anymore and I'm not sure if Todd, who did fabrication and install work, is still there.

I had a list of things I wanted done, the biggest of which was converting a roll bar into a full cage. I knew the configuration of the cage that I wanted and had a list of other work I wanted done (fire system install, battery cutoff switch, suspension work, diff cooler install, etc). Randy was terrific to work with and gave me a quote al a carte. They wound up doing everything I had listed along with a couple of other things (which he priced when we discussed whether we wanted to do the additional work). Cost wise, it was all for the price he said, and he sent me pics every few weeks of the progress and he called with status reports/questions. They also provided a lot of good input/experience on what worked/didn't work.

The fabrication work that Todd did is/was terrific. After all this time, I'm still super pleased with the work that was done. I was a bit apprehensive about the cage work because I was traveling from the Detroit area and wouldn't be around to do fit checks for things like helmet clearance. But it all came out fantastic. They'd clearly done it before.

If you can, I'd recommend stopping over at their shop and trying to look around. They had some neat race/track cars there in 2011 although I think they have moved since then.

Last edited by MySR71; 01-21-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Boos Performance or DRM Motorsports for track car work in MN?

Quick Reply: Boos Performance or DRM Motorsports for track car work in MN?