Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMT C7 Camber kit pre-sale thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts
Default AMT C7 Camber kit pre-sale thread

Hey All,

Most of you folks in the Racing forum know about our camber kits for the C5 and C6 variants. We just had our C7 prototype kit installed on a C7 in Florida and eveything fits up beautifully so we're pulling the trigger on production volumes today.

We'll do a more in-depth product thread later, but the C7 kit uses the same "octaganol" concept as the C5/C6 kit shown below.

Difference is the length of the slot in the cradle is much shorter on the C7, so using two holes in the plate wasn't possible. Instead we went with a decagon, so the 10 sided design allows for 6 adjustment positions without having to switch to a different hole in the plate.

Additionally, the C7 has upper control arm trunions front and rear, so with the use of the included shims in the C7 Camber kit, you can fine tune your alignment to whatever the hell you want it to be. The C7 also has two adjustments on the rear LCA, so the AMT kit includes 8 complete assemblies where the C5/C6 only needs 6.

Install on the C7 is straight forward, except GM decided to make the forward bolt on the rear LCA impossible to remove without dropping the cradle. So, a Sawzall with a metal blade makes short work of the stock bolt, and then you just install the AMT bolt in from the opposite direction and you're good to go.

Finished kits will be red anodized and laser engraved just like the C5/C6 kits.

We're ordering material today to make a couple dozen kits. They'll be ready in 3-4 weeks. We're doing two special intro pricing options: 1) $325 for pre-pay by the end of this week or 2) $375 for a verbal commitment to buy within a week of the kits being finished. Those prices include shipping. We had a lot of people "commit" to buying the C5/C6 kits at pre-sale prices but when it came time to pay they disappeared. So these pricing options are to separate those who are actually serious from those who are kinda serious. A week after the kits are shipping the prices go to the full retail price of $445 plus shipping. Oh and I'll also include the front and rear upper control arm stud kit for an additional $75 to make the full kit and caboodle an even $400 if interested. Front and rear stud kit is $100+ shipping on it's own.

This is basically a cross post with the C7 Tech forum so sorry for the bombardment. If anyone wants to order the kit at the This Week price of $325 or the Delivery Week price of $375 please PM me or say so in this thread and I'll PM you. Thanks all for looking. Please let me know if anyone has any questions at all about the kit or the install!

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 02-13-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:05 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

One of my guys is sweating running the camber plates so we can get them out to anodizing tomorrow! Two vises in the machine and he's unclamping side 1 while side 2 is running in the machine! Anyway point is we should be shipping in 2 weeks. Presale price of $325 is available til Sunday night, after which the price bumps to $375 for the Pre-Sale. Please let me know if I can answer any questions!

Quick Reply: AMT C7 Camber kit pre-sale thread