Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Size Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:33 PM
Sprayy
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Tire Size Question

Looking at a couple sets of wheels for my 2007 z06. These came off a C7 Z51

One is a set of 18/19's with 305/30/19 r compounds. Is this too skinny? Or can I run these till they die and go beefier.

The front's are 265/35/18

Trofeo R's.

Thoughts? They're a fantastic deal.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

The C7 base wheels are 18/19s, the Z51 wheels are 19/20s. Both are pretty narrow compared to the C6 Z standard wheels. The front wheels are an inch narrower than stock and the rears are two inches narrower than stock. With those wheels and tires the car will be seriously under tired. Most people look for something wider than the stock wheels Vs narrower. Another issue will be how far they will be sunken into the wheel well. Just like installing C6 base wheels on the C6Z you will need to use spacers.

If you want a reasonably priced set of wheels that look good, don't weigh too much, are well built and fit the C6Z take a look at the LG World Challenge Wheels https://www.lgmotorsports.com/lg-wor...wer-price.html. The front rim is 18x10 which is an inch and a half larger than the ones you are looking at.

I ran them on my C6Z for several seasons until I went to 18x11 and 18x13 CCWs.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 02-13-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:40 AM
Sprayy
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks Bill. He said he had 325's initially on the back so I wonder if they're indeed wider than the stock C7 wheels.

Is it a matter of the 305's being not ideal? Or would it be completely dangerous to run them. If possible I'd like to make them work but I trust your advice. My other option is to get 325 ventus hankooks and run them as replacement tires on my stock wheels. I'm on a tight budget unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
The C7 base wheels are 18/19s, the Z51 wheels are 19/20s. Both are pretty narrow compared to the C6 Z standard wheels. The front wheels are an inch narrower than stock and the rears are two inches narrower than stock. With those wheels and tires the car will be seriously under tired. Most people look for something wider than the stock wheels Vs narrower. Another issue will be how far they will be sunken into the wheel well. Just like installing C6 base wheels on the C6Z you will need to use spacers.

If you want a reasonably priced set of wheels that look good, don't weigh too much, are well built and fit the C6Z take a look at the LG World Challenge Wheels https://www.lgmotorsports.com/lg-wor...wer-price.html. The front rim is 18x10 which is an inch and a half larger than the ones you are looking at.

I ran them on my C6Z for several seasons until I went to 18x11 and 18x13 CCWs.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Size Question

Quick Reply: Tire Size Question