Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sequential Shifter and/or Dog Box for a C5Z?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 02:58 PM
nskyline34
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Sequential Shifter and/or Dog Box for a C5Z?

Anyone on here have experience with either a sequential shifter (like the S1 Sequential push-pull setup) and/or a dog box gear set in their trans? Really want to do both on my C5Z, far cheaper than a full LG sequential, but still would be pretty entertaining.

I know I know its not the same, doesnt auto-blimp the throttle and cut spark for flat footed upshifts and what not, but still could be very cool if you could pull it together for the right price...

Just curious if anyone has any experience on here with any of it. (In a C5 or any other car even. Curious how a dog box would be in general)
Old 03-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Moto One
Drifting

Received 164 Likes on 101 Posts

First off, there is no cheep sequential box, I just did a weekend at Auto Club in Fontana Ca in a Porsche GT2 with a Holenger sequential box, and it's everything you would expect, except that it was a bit brutal at anything less then Max RPM up shifts, with out auto blip, down shifts still required heal/toe (and timing of that took some laps to get the rev match right). In all honesty...I too would like one.

Oh and they are noisy, but in a good way.

Mark.

Last edited by Moto One; 03-16-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:13 AM
MX621
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by nskyline34
Anyone on here have experience with either a sequential shifter (like the S1 Sequential push-pull setup) and/or a dog box gear set in their trans? Really want to do both on my C5Z, far cheaper than a full LG sequential, but still would be pretty entertaining.

I know I know its not the same, doesnt auto-blimp the throttle and cut spark for flat footed upshifts and what not, but still could be very cool if you could pull it together for the right price...

Just curious if anyone has any experience on here with any of it. (In a C5 or any other car even. Curious how a dog box would be in general)

I see where you are going with your idea.. i think the S1 shifter is very cool but they are pretty pricey if i remember. the S1 mated to a face plate transmission could be a neat combination.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:18 PM
GSpeed
Supporting Vendor

Received 852 Likes on 410 Posts

The other option to the Emco sequential is the PPG sequential gear set. Its still north of 15K.

Get notified of new replies

To Sequential Shifter and/or Dog Box for a C5Z?

Quick Reply: Sequential Shifter and/or Dog Box for a C5Z?