Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nelson Ledges Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 05:21 AM
BustersVette
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nelson Ledges Track Days

Don't post much but would like to get the word out. There are track days scheduled for April 22-23 at Nelson Ledges Road course. These guys are working hard to make the track available for affordable "club like" track days. Track is not far from Cleveland. Information is available at www.nelsonledges.com or www.Ganarde.com

Cheers,
Mark
Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 PM
RDP Store
Supporting Vendor

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts

Oh wow, Nelson was my very first track experience, scary to say the was 6 years ago havent been back since. Rumors have that they have repaved the track, the track lay our is so fun and very fast, just the surface was terrible
Old 03-26-2017, 08:20 AM
BustersVette
Heel & Toe

No repave yet. I am told that the new owner is looking to do that though. They have a grinder on sight now and are working on fixing large sections of track. The track manager told me that they would be running the track days basically the same way that they have in the past which means LOT's of track time.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:17 AM
rocsvette
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 94 Posts

My first track as well - racing a "borrowed" MGB in spring 1965. Went back in 2000 to instruct for Audi and I swear it was the same pavement I drove on in 65. First time I ever had to ask when they planned to mow the track!
Old 03-26-2017, 05:17 PM
duk007
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My first track experience too. New at the time 98 m3 for a few years then a new at the time 2000 GTS viper. Fun track, but boy it's not exactly VIR or Pitt race. The out houses tested the limits of my marriage, as much as the pot holes tested the limits of my compression settings. Lots of fun to be had there. Fast and rewarding for a good driver.

Unfortunately I've seen a couple of crashes there as well. I have a video of a RUF turbo roll going into oak tree while trying to run down my viper . Every panel on the car was destroyed, but the driver was ok. I've been fortunate to only spin a couple of times early in my education, my never any damage.

Last edited by duk007; 03-26-2017 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,754 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I have been running Nelson's for more than 10 years now. It is one of my favorite tracks. It is a very fast and fun track where you can learn a lot. As long as you approach it cautiously and increase speed gradually, both car and driver should go home without damage. The new owner is in the process of getting things cleaned up and working towards a full repave. He is going to have sections patched for now in order to keep the track open for track days this summer. Im glad the track is getting attention and not just falling off the map. I will be at a few of the tack days this year as an instructor.

Last edited by Kubs; 03-27-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:59 AM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I know the new owners fairly well and they are good people who are committed to making the track a nice place to run again. I know they are still formulating the final plan for the track but that it will def be nice property when it is complete.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:22 PM
BustersVette
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Kubs
I have been running Nelson's for more than 10 years now. It is one of my favorite tracks. It is a very fast and fun track where you can learn a lot. As long as you approach it cautiously and increase speed gradually, both car and driver should go home without damage. The new owner is in the process of getting things cleaned up and working towards a full repave. He is going to have sections patched for now in order to keep the track open for track days this summer. Im glad the track is getting attention and not just falling off the map. I will be at a few of the tack days this year as an instructor.

My experience there is quite similar Lot's of fun and good people! Just like any other track, regardless of condition, if you work up to your limit without throwing caution to the wind you should not be damaging any equipment. Unfortunately, that's a lesson that's often learned the hard way )-: Look forward to meeting you there Kubs!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 PM
BustersVette
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by bjm
I know the new owners fairly well and they are good people who are committed to making the track a nice place to run again. I know they are still formulating the final plan for the track but that it will def be nice property when it is complete.
I have not met the new owner yet but I am told that he is someone who knows how to get things done
Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Still have the dip in the kink on the straight away ??

Get notified of new replies

To Nelson Ledges Track Days

Quick Reply: Nelson Ledges Track Days