Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Mono ball control arm bushings for a C5 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 12:04 PM
bsalie99
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Best Mono ball control arm bushings for a C5 Z06

I am looking to upgrade the poly bushings to something more rigid and allowing the correct freedom of movement. Which bushings are the best The LG, the DRM, I am a bit afraid of the AFE bushings with the issues with the past pfadt parts. This is on a autox/ track day car, not a driver, but reg and inspected
Old 03-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

We'll be doing our monoball kits within the next couple of weeks. Just waiting on a shipment of 100 bearings from Radial Bearing. These are the best bearings available on the market. For the first few customer kits we'll be doing an a full arm replacement. You send me your arms, and I send you a set of arms fully glass bead blasted and cleaned up, with the monoball bushings already installed. Initial price is gonna be $2000 for this service. So I'm confident in saying you will not find a better kit for less money. Let me know if you'd like more info.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:16 AM
crimlwC6
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't know the best kit since I've only ran Pfadt. I can say you can still get parts from aFe for the kit. They over-nighted replacement bearings to me a few weeks ago. It is an awesome improvement. Install price from AMT is really good, assuming bearings are equal and/or better than Pfadt. My guess is all 3 kits are good.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by crimlwC6
I don't know the best kit since I've only ran Pfadt. I can say you can still get parts from aFe for the kit. They over-nighted replacement bearings to me a few weeks ago. It is an awesome improvement. Install price from AMT is really good, assuming bearings are equal and/or better than Pfadt. My guess is all 3 kits are good.
​​​​​​
We use the same bearings that the Whelen IMSA team has been using for years. From someone who works with the team I was told they replace maybe one bearing per season. I don't think you can get much better than that. On the contrary I know people who have had to replace Pfadt bearings after 2 weekends. Don't know who they were using as a supplier at that time or who they're using now. I can tell you that my price for 100 bearings is $18.50 each, so they ain't the cheap ones.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:36 PM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

Do you have these for a c6 z?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:34 AM
phipp85
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by c5racr1
No. However I do periodically hound him about it!
Old 03-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by c5racr1
How many cars do you have!?
Old 04-02-2017, 12:10 PM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@AMT Motorsport
How many cars do you have!?
I'll be in the market in the next couple months for c6z bushings to. Right now looking at LG unless. ..
Old 04-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by phxcobra
I'll be in the market in the next couple months for c6z bushings to. Right now looking at LG unless. ..
Don't think I'll be able to do anything for you by then. Unless someone wants up send me some complete C6Z control arms with no time frame as for when they want them back...
Old 04-06-2017, 12:15 AM
DK83
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How much would it be for the parts alone, without the service? Do you have an exact date of availability?
Old 04-06-2017, 04:52 AM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by DK83
How much would it be for the parts alone, without the service? Do you have an exact date of availability?
Sorry, I'm not going to be sending parts out for a self-install for awhile. I want to install some in a bunch of arms myself first so I can get a better idea of what tolerances GM holds in the control arms. I don't want to be sending kits out that don't fit as well as they should, and then have people screw up the parts or the install and then say " the AMT bushing kit is crap."

Get notified of new replies

To Best Mono ball control arm bushings for a C5 Z06

Quick Reply: Best Mono ball control arm bushings for a C5 Z06