Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS 58 Original Black w/PW, PT, 270HP. 4speed

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM
69z11
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS 58 Original Black w/PW, PT, 270HP. 4speed

I'm looking to sell my true black/silver cove w/charcoal interior '58 that has 31 miles since a full frame off, nut and bolt, no expense spared professional restoration. It is an original 'black' '58 and is the newest '58 I've heard of. According to the birthday book it is one of the last three built on the next to the last day of production.

The car's original options included 270hp, power windows, power top, 4 speed, window washers, brake alarm, radio, heater, two tone paint, etc. It is an orginal "black"/silver cove car. The head of NCRS indicated this is the second orignal black '58 he had ever heard of and asked for the photos of the grease pencil markings. He's been researching the topic since the mid 70's. The car had a few paint jobs but had never been "restored" when I purchased it. The original interior was still in place including the seat covers which had had inserts put in them.

Every component in the car has been restored by the best restorers in the country. For example the generator, starter, and voltage regulator was restored by John Pirkle, the horns by Dennis Portka, the radio by Charles Sigfried, the wiper motor and washers by Tom Matthews, etc. All of the casting codes, casting dates, and stampings are correct. The original power top unit was rebuilt including the original lift cylinders for the top and deck lid. The original cylinders were resleeved with aluminum tubing just like they originally were.

The car has scored NCRS high top flight at the Chapter, Regional, and National level. At the Waco Regional it scored a 98.2. It's at the point that the items are mostly 1 or 2 points with the largest being 3 points each for DOT headlights and 3 points each for DOT tires. The largest deduction was 7 points for a repro air cleaner. There are some simple items that I just haven't changed yet to get a few more points such as change the french locks from stainless to magnetic steel, change the 2x4 stands from stainless to magnetic steel, etc. It's a great candidate for a Duntov, Triple Crown, etc.

I'm looking to get $169,500 out of it but will consider offers.

Send me a PM or give me a call at 816-213-1007 if you're interested. Ted

Last edited by 69z11; 10-03-2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 10-03-2010, 01:43 PM
ktchir
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too rich for my blood, but a very nice car. Good luck with the sale
Old 10-03-2010, 04:44 PM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Default 58 vette

After you sell yours lets work on my 58 Panama yellow same Restoration!!!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To FS 58 Original Black w/PW, PT, 270HP. 4speed

Quick Reply: FS 58 Original Black w/PW, PT, 270HP. 4speed