Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1962 Corvette Convertible For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 AM
0Rick@BuyAVette
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default 1962 Corvette Convertible For Sale

Black exterior, Black vinyl interior, Black convertible top. 210hp 327ci engine, 4 speed manual transmission. WOW -- we see lots of Black/Black straight axles, but rarely are they this nice! This investment quality car looks to have had a recent extensive restoration, and is ready to show. This car's paint looks to be recent, and is in very good to excellent condition with a deep shine. Convertible top looks to be new, and is in very good to excellent condition with a clear window and no apparent flaws. Bumpers show what looks to be a recent re-chrome, and are in very good condition. Weatherstripping looks very recent and is soft and in very good to excellent condition. Driver's exterior door handle looks to be original, and is in good condition with typical patina; passenger's handle looks to be recent, and is in very good to excellent condition. This 1962 Corvette Convertible wears original style steel wheels and hubcaps in good to very good condition. Tires are Firestone Supreme Si thin whitewall radials, looking to be recent and showing a full 11/32nds tread depth remaining. The interior of this car shows recent seat covers, seatbelts, dash pads, loop carpet, and door panels, all in very good to excellent condition. Gauges are very good to excellent as well with no fading and clear lenses. A Custom Auto Sound AM/FM/Cassette stereo has taken the place of the original Wonderbar AM radio. The engine in this 1962 Corvette Convertible shows casting number 3903352, which nastyz28.com decodes as a 1967 327ci engine originally installed in a non-Corvette Chevrolet car, producing approximately 210hp. This engine is dressed with high-horsepower finned aluminum style valve covers, a polished Edelbrock carburetor, and features an intake manifold that would be correct for a 1965-65 Corvette 327/300hp. Frame is solid and rust-free. This car has been fully serviced, and all instrument gauges, lights, turn signals, brakes, engine, transmission and rear-end are all in good operating condition. This super nice '62 won't last long at this price, call us now before it's too late! Features include 4 speed manual transmission, windshield washer, AM/FM/Cassette stereo. For more pictures please click this link

http://www.buyavette.net/1962%20Corv...ock%202853.php

FREE 2 YEAR/50K ADDITIONAL MILE WARRANTY WHEN PURCHASED AT ADVERTISED PRICE,

GOOD AT ANY REPAIR FACILITY NATIONWIDE!!

Our Price: $59,900.00

Last edited by Rick@BuyAVette; 02-08-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:11 PM
ryan22
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm interested to know forum members thoughts on the price of this 62 given its NOM. ??

By no means do i claim to be an expert on C1's or their value. I do however remember 20 years ago when my Dad had his 1960 for sale (very nice car, white w/blue interior) the first question from nearly every potential buyer was "does it have its original engine?" for the vast majority as soon as they heard it had a 350 their interest disappeared.

Personally if i had 60k to spend- finding a car with its original drivetrain would be 1st on my priority list. just my 2 cents.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by ryan22
I'm interested to know forum members thoughts on the price of this 62 given its NOM. ??
Last I head the forum moderators frown on criticizing the price-to-value aspects of "For Sale" offerings. I guess you are supposed to buy it, negotiate on price or pass on the purchase only.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:52 PM
jacksons
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to comment on the price, But what do you expect from a Dealer?

Last edited by jacksons; 02-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1962 Corvette Convertible For Sale

Quick Reply: 1962 Corvette Convertible For Sale