Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Matching Numbers 61 for Sale

Old 06-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Matching Numbers 61 for Sale

I have for sale a Jewel Blue with White Coves 61 for sale. It is a matching numbers car with a base engine 283 with a4 speed transmission. It also has the optional heater and radio. It is an original Jewel Blue Car as I restored the interior over the winter and under the dash pad, carpet etc. was original jewel Blue paint. I have no reason to believe that the coves were not white from the factory as well.
Over the winter I completely restored the interior of the car. While restoring the interior I also replaced all of the reinforcing plates for the interior that are underneath the car. The plates help reinforce the fiberglass where the seats, seat belts,fuel tank etc mount. I also replaced all of the body mounting bolts/body cushions/shims etc. at the same time. I took everything out of the interior and dash area. I removed all gauges, radio, heater controls, windshield, dash pad, etc. I also removed all of the wiring from the car. After the interior was completely stripped the interior fiberglass was repainted in original jewel blue paint. All the gauges were sent off and professionally rebuilt, the radio, wiper motor, heater motor, generator were also sent off and professionally rebuilt. I did have an I-pod hook-up put on the back of the original Wonderbar radio.
I replaced all heater cables and controls as well as the dash plate they mount in. A new heater core was also installed along with correct hoses and clamps. I replaced the hood latch cables. The hood latches were sent off and replated in cadium plating as original. The seat tracks were also disassembled and sent for new cadium plating. I replaced all the cables and switches in the interior portion of the car. I installed a new headlight switch, dimmer switch, cigarette lighter, wiper/washer cable and control, ignition switch.
The brake and clutch pedals as well as their mounts were removed, repainted and rebuilt with all new bushings, The park brake was removed, painted and put back together with a new handle, All items in the interior that were originally black were repainted in the correct semi-gloss color. While the windshield was off I disassembled it, sent the side posts off for new chrome plating and installed a new gasket around the windshield.
All of the dash wiring was replaced with a Lectric limited wiring harness. All of the wiring from the tailights to the headlights and everything in between was replaced with Lectric Limited Wiring harness's. The correct T-3 headlamps were installed, All new Al Knock interior was installed, Carpet, kick panels door panels, dash, grab bar. I also installed a heat/sound barrier underneath the carpet. It works great. A new steering wheel was installed also.
The seatbelt hardware is restored original, New webbing with tags was installed by seatbelt solutions In Florida. The engine compartment was detailed out also. I still need to put the 230HP decals on the valve pan covers. The trunk was also painted and detailed. I tried to put everything back as it originally came on the car.
There are 2 areas of previous repair on the car. A small area on the left rear quarter panel and a small area on the left front fender. All of the bonding strips appear to be intact. The car has 205/75R15 radials and drives and handles great. The car is alot of fun to drive and I drive it every chance that I get. I finished the restoration work about a month ago and drive it every weekend. I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere.
The paint is an older repaint but shows fairly well. I would consider it 5 to 10 foot paint. I think this car could be judged NCRS and with new paint I think it would do pretty well. The frame is in great shape. Not rust issues, dents or bends. The underside of the body has been painted black at some time in the past. I removed alot of the paint from the fiberglass while I had the car on jackstands replacing the reinforcing plates. There are no issues with the fiberglass underneath the paint. I just ran out of time over the winter and could not finish removing the paint.
This is a great car for anyone wanting a straight axel corvette. Jewel Blue with white coves is rare with only a little over 400 being built in 1961. This is also the only year that Jewel Blue was offered on the Corvette. This car get alot of attention everywhere it goes. I If you are looking for a nice numbers matching straight axel car this may be the one you are looking for. I did alot of work on the car over the winter. I'm sure there are alot of items that were refinished or replaced that I am forgetting about. If you have any questions about the car you can reach me at 606-633-1214 or on my cell at 606-634-1245. Ask for J.R. My E-mail is hartcamp@hotmail.com Price is 58K OBO I can send additional pictures by E-mail

Last edited by Pigtrician; 07-28-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: posting picture
Old 06-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

Price reduced to 58K
Old 06-16-2012, 07:10 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 848 Likes on 622 Posts

Very nice car, love the blue. Good luck with the sale.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

Thanks, Jewel Blue is my favorite color for this year. If you know anyone looking for one send them my way. I'll negotiate some on the price.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

Default 61 vette

Took the car on a 200 mile Sunday drive yesterday. Car ran great. It gets alot of attention everywhere we drive it and yesterday was no exception. 58K OBO. 606-634-1245 or 606-633-1214 ask for J.R.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 PM
splidecision63
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car. The color combo is Cool.
Good Luck
Old 07-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

ttt
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,206 Likes on 2,297 Posts

May be a mistake, but you have a duplicate picture of the outside and none of the inside. Are the seats and carpet blue also?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

Yes, the inside is Jewel Blue with Blue Carpet. If you are interested I can send you some additional pictures. thanks,
Old 07-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Nice looking car. Here's a small tip, make the ad easier to read. Add a few carriage returns (the Enter key) in there so it isn't one big block of text.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

Thanks for the tip. I made the change that you suggested. It does look better. I was afraid there was too much information in what I wrote but I wanted any potential buyers to know what they were buying.Check out my ad and see if it looks any better. Thanks again for the tip.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 PM
ORANGEBROTHERS
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Great color combo on this 61 rare car.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

Thanks, I really like the Jewel Blue. I think they only made 418 Jewel Blue with White Coves. 61 was the only year it was offered and the last year you could get the cove painted in a contrasting color.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Pigtrician
Intermediate

SOLD!!! Thanks for everyone interest

Get notified of new replies

To Matching Numbers 61 for Sale

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Matching Numbers 61 for Sale