Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1967 Factory A/C convertible. Needs restoration

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM
7691 ettev
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1967 Factory A/C convertible. Needs restoration

I have decided to sell the 67 convertible. I just recently purchased the car with the intent to possibly restore it. This car fell into my lap so to speak and I could not say no. I'm currently finishing up my 66 and just don't want to put the time or money in on this car. This car will need a complete restoration and is far from perfect. It will need a lot of time and money placed on it. But you don't see many 67 factory air cars out there. I would prefer that the purchaser see the car in person so you know what I have. I am asking $29,500.00 for the car. I live close to Wichita, KS. Personal message me if interested. I have a clear title in my name.

Body- Body is in decent shape. Left rear has been worked on as well as drivers door and rear deck. Drivers door has no glass or guts. Passenger side door is all intact. I was told the car was driven into the garage over 20 years ago to start a restoration and did not make it very far. Drivers side floor board has a hole in it. Front bumpers have some rust and would be good for cores only. I have no rear bumpers. I only have rear outboard lights and no inner lights. I have no back up light. Front head lights are all intact. Tire carrier is there but in rough shape. There is no soft top frame. Wheels appear to be the correct style. I don't know if they are org. Front glass is good. Upper passenger trim has been tweaked. Not sure if it can be fixed.

Frame - Frame appears to be in good solid shape. I don't see any rust throughout the frame. Looks like your typical 45 year old frame that has been sitting for half it's life.

Bird gage- appears to be solid.

Engine compartment - The block does not match. Appears to be a 327 passenger car block from the same era. I believe the carb, intake, radiator, and overflow tank match. We did start the engine while rigging up a small gas tank. It sounded good and did not smoke for the short time it ran but can't guarantee the integrity of the engine. The gas tank will need to be dropped and cleaned and new rubber lines installed if a person wanted to try and run the car. A/C components are all there. There is no shielding but everything else appears to be in order.

Interior- I have no seats for the car. I was told that they have the seats but have yet to see them. So I'm selling the car without seats. Door panels are original (no door handles) dash is all original. All A/C components appear to be there. Some surface rust on the gauges and other interior parts. Set belts appear to be 73 factory replacements. Good steering wheel and good glove box door.

History- The car came from Edmond, OK in the early 80's and was purchased by a couple in Wichita. There is no other information. I have a Kansas title search that will go with the car.

1967 Corvette Convertible
Appears to be a 327/350 Hp car.
Factory white with red vinyl interior
Factory air condition, Power steering, Four speed, Radio and
Posi

Please PM me if interested. I don't need help selling the car and to be honest I don't need to sell the car. Im selling the car to buy a Gen 1 Viper. I have seen rougher cars sell for more and I have seen better cars sell for less. So if you are interested in a trade or purchase please holler.

Quick Reply: 1967 Factory A/C convertible. Needs restoration