Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Fresh 58 restomod for sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 11:26 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

Default Fresh 58 restomod for sale

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD. I just finished this beautiful 58 restomod, and will have it for sale for the next couple of weeks. The car will be going to the Mecum auction in Jan, so if I can sell it ahead of registration, I'll make someone a nice deal on the car, to save the auction fees etc. Here is a rundown.

..registered and titled as a 58 corvette with a clear Florida title, and original vin tag.
...ALL press molded original body panels.
...Paint is PPG Deltron Mercedes Crystal Laurit silver, with PPG 2021 Urethane clear. Primer is PPG Global Systems epoxy.
...body lines and plane are perfect.
...All chrome is triple plate show, done by Spacecoast plating in Melbourne Fl
...Interior is Oxblood leather, with cut pile maroon carpet. Door panels are 58 configuration with perforated leather in place of the flat aluminum panels.
...Dash has been made into a single piece (to get rid of the seam), and new vrx Dakota Digital analog gauges installed.
...Seats are AOK (Al Knoch) custom leather with tilt.
...A Vintage Air Gen IV system is installed for optimum comfort.
...Hood and trunk are both powered, and can be operated from the drivers seat or remote.
....Sound system is Clarion, with a motorized 7" DVD screen, SAS Bazooka tube sub, and Kenwood amp. The system will play music or video, via IPOD, etc.
....All glass is new, including sideglass stainless frames and tracks.
....Power windows
....Underside of the car was completely stripped, and finished in Lizard Skin ceramic and Lizard skin sound proofing. It was then painted with PPG Deltron grey, and clearcoated.
...Chassis is Corvette Correction with late C4 suspension. Corvette steering rack, and new calipers and rotors. All brake and fuel lines are stainless. Fuel tank is from Ricks tanks, and is stainless steel with an "in tank" pump. Fuel system uses a late model Corvette fuel filter with return.
....Engine and transmission are NEW. LS3, with GM accessory pack for wiring, ECM, senders, and pedal. Transmission is a new T56 Magnum (shifts like butter). Rear end is a Dana 44 completely refurbished by Ikerds Corvette (new gears, seals, etc.).
...Wheels are late model Corvette, from Reproduction wheel company, and have 245 X 40 X 18's. Z rated tires.
....Convertible top is a custom made Stayfast "ruby red" material, sewn by Al Knoch interiors.
...Wipers are Raingear intermittent.

Everything on the car works as it should. It has been done right. I'm happy to discuss the purchase with you, and you are welcome to come and drive the car. My number is 352-241-4686. My cell number is 352-988-3371.

I'm going to reserve the car at auction for 150K. Call me.....let's make a deal.

Mike Coletta

Last edited by mike coletta; 01-14-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:42 AM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 855 Likes on 626 Posts

Beautiful Mike!
Old 12-21-2013, 02:50 PM
vic z
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely stunning Mike. Can only imagine the amount of hours that you put in making this beauty. Good luck with the sale !!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:53 AM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Mike the 58 looks GREAT nice color combo .Bob W
Old 12-23-2013, 08:40 AM
dcaggiani
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 84 Posts

To interested buyers:
I own a Coletta built Restomod and have to tell you that you will be pressed to find a better quality built Corvette at any price.

Mike has always been helpful with any questions I have had regarding my Restomod. Can't go wrong.

Dan
Old 12-23-2013, 06:14 PM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Thank you Dan!!! That was a very nice thing to say. I just found out that I will not be able to get the car into the Mecum auction in Jan, so I've put in a preliminary app for the Barrett-Jackson West Palm event down in your neck of the woods. They are supposed to contact me in the next few weeks. The good news is that it will remain for sale until I sign a contract, and send the title.

Mike Coletta
Old 12-23-2013, 06:32 PM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Mike, will they let you put a Reserve on it.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:58 PM
daz_au
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Oh that's nice.

I should probably sell all my cars and just get that one !
Old 12-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB WINSKI
Mike, will they let you put a Reserve on it.
Bob, Barrett-Jackson has gone back to excepting cars with reserves on them. To many of the car builders were loosing to much money and the decided to put the reserve option out there if consigners want it. The only thing is if you put a reserve on your car you have to pay a higher percentage for selling it. Barrett-Jackson is going to get there $$$$ one way or the other. Look at this Barrett-Jackson will get a consigners fee plus a buyer has to pay $500.00 to get a bidders paddle plus you have to pay about $20.00 per day to get in plus the seller pays a sellers fee of about 10 percent and buyer pays about the same unless you are a internet or phone buyer and then you pay about 15 or 18 percent on top of the selling price of the car. So that being said Barrett-Jackson make over $20K on every car that sells over $100K. Not bad for a 5 min. sales job.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:21 PM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
Bob, Barrett-Jackson has gone back to excepting cars with reserves on them. To many of the car builders were loosing to much money and the decided to put the reserve option out there if consigners want it. The only thing is if you put a reserve on your car you have to pay a higher percentage for selling it. Barrett-Jackson is going to get there $$$$ one way or the other. Look at this Barrett-Jackson will get a consigners fee plus a buyer has to pay $500.00 to get a bidders paddle plus you have to pay about $20.00 per day to get in plus the seller pays a sellers fee of about 10 percent and buyer pays about the same unless you are a internet or phone buyer and then you pay about 15 or 18 percent on top of the selling price of the car. So that being said Barrett-Jackson make over $20K on every car that sells over $100K. Not bad for a 5 min. sales job.
Thats good .AT LEAST YOU DO NOT GIVE YOUR CAR AWAY.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 321 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Congrats on another fine build. Since this car is not going into the Mecum auction, will you have it at Old Town? I would love to meet you and the car. Good luck.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Thanks Mark. Yes, I'll probably put it in Billy Dawsons space (Corvette Correction), behind the roller coaster on the south end of Trophy Row.........if I don't sell it first.

Mike Coletta
Old 01-01-2014, 10:04 PM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Mike, that is a very nice build.....I would give up a couple of mine for that!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Texaspilot180
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

That is one amazing car! Wish my 65 Fuelie was that nice! My wife would love that car versus banging around in the FI side pipe car, so I better not let her see those pcs or she will want our car redone like that one. Amazing piece of work that one is. Jeff
Old 01-02-2014, 05:49 PM
stafftech
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike this car is ridiculously gorgeous and I after looking at it for the past few days I am very depressed. Best of luck with the sale, someone is going to be very happy.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 PM
golfer9491
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

I have a good friend of mine very interested in the car. He has been looking for a C1 resto mod for a while, and he seemed to really like the car.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:26 PM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Thank you all for the nice comments . The car is now sold . Not a forum member. Exactly four months from the day I dragged it onto the trailer in Arkansas, to the day it sold.......including the build!

Mike Coletta
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 PM
Rich Yanulis
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 144 Posts

Congratulations on a great turnaround

Get notified of new replies

To Fresh 58 restomod for sale

Quick Reply: Fresh 58 restomod for sale