Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB 64-67 Small Block Driver Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 07:39 PM
nelson007
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Danke Boris I will check thoes two forums.
My parents were both German, Mother from Hamburg and Father from Augsburg. My first language was German, but I have forgotten a lot. I try to watch movies on ARD to refresh my German.
I think it was a wise move to buy a small block, my BB gets about 6 miles a gallon. My ZR1 gets about 20 miles a gallon that's why I am going to bringi it to Germany, my concern if it breaks down, I don't think there are to many ZR1's in Europe.
I know what you mean about the Greek problem.
I lease my farm out in Germany and it use great to get 1.45 for a dollar. If Germany was still DM it would really be great.
Thanks,
Nelson007
Old 03-17-2015, 02:20 PM
BK58
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guten Abend Herr Nelson,
I'm sure you know about those two official Corvette Dealers and Garages

Autohaus Steppe in Horgau
http://www.autohaussteppe.de

and

Geiger Cars in Munich
http://www.geigercars.de

Both are only some 30-45 mins from Augsburg so if something goes wrong with your ZR you be able to get some knowledgeable help.

And about Hamburg: I was stationed there myself for 18 months at the Bundeswehrkrankenhaus doing my mandatory military service from Dec. 86 to May 88 ( wrong flag in my case but you know what I mean)... What a great city!

Re the small block, I hear you!! We have actually taken out the original engine and Powerglide transmission ( they will be cleaned and stored ) and replaced them with a very nice crate engine and 4 speed + OD automatic transmission for easy cruising and good mileage.

Ich wünsche einen schönen Abend
Boris

Last edited by BK58; 03-17-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:25 PM
nelson007
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Hallo Boris,
I do know about Autohaus, I have been there to have them order a part for me. Very nice people, I did talk to a mechanic about ZR1's and he told me that he had never seen one in the dealership.
Never been to Geiger Cars of Munich. Are they located near the Haupbahnhof ?
I had a friend that did his Military service in Itsihoe. My first time there to visit him he took me to the Reeperbahn. Hamburg is a great City but I prefer living in Bayern. Did you ever go to the flohmart at St. Pauli?

Do you know where I can find a icon flag like this with the German flag?

Have a good day,
Nelson

UaOTE=BK58;1589203449]Guten Abend Herr Nelson,
I'm sure you know about those two official Corvette Dealers and Garages

Autohaus Steppe in Horgau
http://www.autohaussteppe.de

and

Geiger Cars in Munich
http://www.geigercars.de

Both are only some 30-45 mins from Augsburg so if something goes wrong with your ZR you be able to get some knowledgeable help.

And about Hamburg: I was stationed there myself for 18 months at the Bundeswehrkrankenhaus doing my mandatory military service from Dec. 86 to May 88 ( wrong flag in my case but you know what I mean)... What a great city!

Re the small block, I hear you!! We have actually taken out the original engine and Powerglide transmission ( they will be cleaned and stored ) and replaced them with a very nice crate engine and 4 speed + OD automatic transmission for easy cruising and good mileage.

Ich wünsche einen schönen Abend
Boris[/QUOTE]
Old 03-18-2015, 01:04 PM
nelson007
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Hello Greg,
How were you able to get the Amercian style license plates?
Thanks,
Nelson007

QUOTE=Revfan;1588980471]I am about 1.5 hours north of Munich... near Ansbach.

I have a 67 Convertible, and a buddy of mine has a 66 Coupe.

[/QUOTE]
Old 03-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

I have historic plates and my buddy has regular plates... but they are both the same size. When we applied for our plates, we had to prove that the vehicle would not fit standard "long" plates. I took some pictures of my license plate bracket and sent that in.

It was approved and I got the short plates.

Our cars are registered through the military base though... there are German agents that work in the office and handle the registrations. Not sure how a "civilian" would go about it with the German Bureaucracy....
Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 PM
nelson007
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the information. Are they still registered in a German state?
Thanks,
Nelson007

Originally Posted by Revfan
I have historic plates and my buddy has regular plates... but they are both the same size. When we applied for our plates, we had to prove that the vehicle would not fit standard "long" plates. I took some pictures of my license plate bracket and sent that in.

It was approved and I got the short plates.

Our cars are registered through the military base though... there are German agents that work in the office and handle the registrations. Not sure how a "civilian" would go about it with the German Bureaucracy....
Old 03-19-2015, 01:57 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Yes... Ansbach
Old 03-21-2015, 10:33 PM
nelson007
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks Revfan,
Do you have to make any changes to pass the German emmisions with the C2? How about any tailight changes? (Amber lens).
I have two of my cars with the taillight lens changes, marker lights and a 20w fog in rear tied to my existing fog lights. I can't
make up my mind what to ship to Bremerhaven, a 1995 ZR1 or a 2012 ZR1.
Nelson007
Old 03-22-2015, 02:34 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

I didn't have to make any changes as a Historic Vehicle. Though, on my own, I bought a relay setup and switch to the H1/H4 headlights. Antique vehicles are exempt from the emissions. My friend with the black 66, does not have his registered as a historic vehicle... his has a modern Crate Motor & drive train.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:17 PM
nelson007
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks A lot

Nelson
Old 05-03-2015, 10:31 AM
BK58
Intermediate

Default Progress

We're getting there

Love that color, Goldwood Yellow from '65!

I'm really pissed about the wheels, got slapped with an extra 20% "anti-dumping" duty the EU has levied on aluminum wheels made in the PRC.
Bought them from a US dealer but in the shipping manifest he unfortunately wrote PRC as "country of origin". But at least they look good!
Old 04-24-2016, 12:19 PM
BK58
Intermediate

Default Final roadtesting ....

...last fall, had to go back into the shop for a little ( and some big ) this and that and now we're waiting for spring to start in earnest ( today 2 degrees celsius and snowflurrys )
Old 04-24-2016, 04:27 PM
vwtdi
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

it certainly looks great just sitting there.

Quick Reply: WTB 64-67 Small Block Driver Coupe