Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

F/S 1966 red/red 427/425 matching # full resto

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Ed Korte
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1966 red/red 427/425 matching # full resto

* Red / Red w/ black top 427 / 425 HP Big Block Convertible, 57,800 orig. miles
* Four Speed Trans, Power Brakes, Power Steering, AM/FM, F41 Suspension, 3:36 Positraction,
* Factory side exhaust with sweet thunder mod, Cast Alum. Repo Knock off wheels
* New Red Line Tires, Frame Off Restoration one year and 200 miles ago.
* Rally Red Base Coat / Clear coat on completely stripped body.
* All numbers match on original drive train, alternator, starter etc. Original Trim tag states red / red Leather.
* VIN. # 194676S105009 November 4, 1965 car. This car is listed in Noland Adams Restoration Guide, page 379 as having engine # T1009IP w/ 425 HP
• Balanced & Blueprinted Engine, cam, Valves & Seats for unleaded gas with Hi Performance solid lifter cam, guides, springs, polish etc. (runs strong)
• New carb, Rebuilt Trans, alternator, starter, brakes, & all engine components
• New shielded spark plug wires with Electronic Ignition conversion in rebuilt Distributor. New wiring harness.
• New Radiator & hoses etc. T-3 Headlights
* Engine compartment looks 1966 factory fresh with all rebuilt components
• Complete front end rebuild with ball joints, springs, bearings, rubber etc. Computer Alignment front and rear. Original F 41 shocks still on car.
• New, seat backs, foam, covers, carpet etc. Red Leather Seats from prior work.
• New gas tank, fuel pump and gas lines. New brake master cylinder and booster, brake rotors with SS calipers and all Brake lines. New Emergency Brake system
• Excellent sand blasted and repainted frame ... no rust

Asking: $92,500 Call Ed Korte 520 240 9174 edkorte@nwmanage.com
Old 12-17-2014, 10:27 PM
corvettewill
Le Mans Master

Received 1,044 Likes on 907 Posts

Default for sale red 66 427

Originally Posted by Ed Korte
* Red / Red w/ black top 427 / 425 HP Big Block Convertible, 57,800 orig. miles
* Four Speed Trans, Power Brakes, Power Steering, AM/FM, F41 Suspension, 3:36 Positraction,
* Factory side exhaust with sweet thunder mod, Cast Alum. Repo Knock off wheels
* New Red Line Tires, Frame Off Restoration one year and 200 miles ago.
* Rally Red Base Coat / Clear coat on completely stripped body.
* All numbers match on original drive train, alternator, starter etc. Original Trim tag states red / red Leather.
* VIN. # 194676S105009 November 4, 1965 car. This car is listed in Noland Adams Restoration Guide, page 379 as having engine # T1009IP w/ 425 HP
• Balanced & Blueprinted Engine, cam, Valves & Seats for unleaded gas with Hi Performance solid lifter cam, guides, springs, polish etc. (runs strong)
• New carb, Rebuilt Trans, alternator, starter, brakes, & all engine components
• New shielded spark plug wires with Electronic Ignition conversion in rebuilt Distributor. New wiring harness.
• New Radiator & hoses etc. T-3 Headlights
* Engine compartment looks 1966 factory fresh with all rebuilt components
• Complete front end rebuild with ball joints, springs, bearings, rubber etc. Computer Alignment front and rear. Original F 41 shocks still on car.
• New, seat backs, foam, covers, carpet etc. Red Leather Seats from prior work.
• New gas tank, fuel pump and gas lines. New brake master cylinder and booster, brake rotors with SS calipers and all Brake lines. New Emergency Brake system
• Excellent sand blasted and repainted frame ... no rust

Asking: $92,500 Call Ed Korte 520 240 9174 edkorte@nwmanage.com
Ed: Some photos would be helpful!
Old 12-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Ed Korte
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by corvettewill
Ed: Some photos would be helpful!
Hello Will,

Sending some photos. Let me know if you want more or want to talk.

Ed Korte
520 240 9174
ed-bev.korte@juno.com
Attached Images       
Old 12-22-2014, 04:19 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Still learning about these cars.

Is the dual master brake reservoir suppose to be angled/sloped as it appears to be in the photo ?...Mark

Thought ALL master brake reservoirs are suppose to be mounted level.

Last edited by sidepipe seeker; 12-22-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Ed Korte
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
Still learning about these cars.

Is the dual master brake reservoir suppose to be angled/sloped as it appears to be in the photo ?...Mark

Thought ALL master brake reservoirs are suppose to be mounted level.
Hi Mark,

That's the way they are as I have had 12 mid years. Angle doesn't matter as long as the piston is below the brake fluid level.
ed
Old 12-23-2014, 11:42 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Very nice car Ed. Is there any owner history? Dealer paperwork like Protecto plate or window sticker? Any major body damage over the years?
Old 12-23-2014, 03:30 PM
Ed Korte
Heel & Toe

Default Red/Red 1966 Convert 427/425

Hello Jim,

I know history on the car back to 2012 when a good friend who owns a Corvette Restoration Business in Kentucky purchased the car at an Insurance Sale. There had been a small engine fire which had effected the engine compartment and front fiberglass. The engine, transmission etc. and everything back from the windshield were all excellent. My friend in Kentucky has restored over 100 corvettes and when he looked at the car, he found that it was an original numbers matching big block car that had excellent care prior to what started as a small gas leak fire. Apparently the prior owner had good insurance and the insurance company and sellers would not discuss prior ownership.

The situation was perfect for a complete restoration and the frame and other components showed that the car had not been in any accidents and it had always been a well maintained Southern car with no rust. The restorer was fortunate to find a complete original front end from another 66 big block Corvette so these parts are all original GM.

Source of the fire was common to many older cars where original rubber hoses leak because they are weakened by today's new gasoline/ alcohol mix and it's low emission additives. Whatever car you buy, be sure to update the gas hoses and always have a steel line between the fuel pump and carburetor. Also carry a well charged fire extinguisher in any fiberglass boats or cars you own. I even have one in my 2009 Corvette.

The car went through full nut and bolt, body off frame restoration which was finished in early 2013. I purchased the car fresh out of restoration and installed the Power Steering after finding that all big blocks really need Power Steering. The pump is a rebuilt original and all other power steering parts were NOS. The car has less than 500 miles since restoration and starts, runs and drives great.

It's been in several local car shows and always gets a lot of attention. It is the only 427/425 HP car I have owned and it is much stronger and faster than a 1967 427/ 435HP car that I owned previously. Keep in mind that all 1966 Corvettes started out at their published HP rating as 450 HP at 6400 RPM. GM reduced the published rating to 425 HP at 5600 RPM because the insurance companies were charging premium rates to any car over 435 HP. No engine parts changed at the re rating.

I'm a very fussy retired engineer from Caterpillar and a NCRS judge. This is a genuine car as proven by it's listing as a 425/427 on page 379 of Noland Adams Restoration Guide. I have been a NCRS member for over 20 years and I have put two cars through NCRS judging. The car would be a second or third flight car if judged today as is. I do not have the protecto plate.
Let me know if you want any other info or photos or want to talk.

Regards,

Ed
Ed Korte
Tucson, AZ 85737
520-240 9174
Old 12-24-2014, 04:06 AM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Korte
Hello Jim,

I know history on the car back to 2012 when a good friend who owns a Corvette Restoration Business in Kentucky purchased the car at an Insurance Sale. There had been a small engine fire which had effected the engine compartment and front fiberglass. The engine, transmission etc. and everything back from the windshield were all excellent. My friend in Kentucky has restored over 100 corvettes and when he looked at the car, he found that it was an original numbers matching big block car that had excellent care prior to what started as a small gas leak fire. Apparently the prior owner had good insurance and the insurance company and sellers would not discuss prior ownership.

The situation was perfect for a complete restoration and the frame and other components showed that the car had not been in any accidents and it had always been a well maintained Southern car with no rust. The restorer was fortunate to find a complete original front end from another 66 big block Corvette so these parts are all original GM.

Source of the fire was common to many older cars where original rubber hoses leak because they are weakened by today's new gasoline/ alcohol mix and it's low emission additives. Whatever car you buy, be sure to update the gas hoses and always have a steel line between the fuel pump and carburetor. Also carry a well charged fire extinguisher in any fiberglass boats or cars you own. I even have one in my 2009 Corvette.

The car went through full nut and bolt, body off frame restoration which was finished in early 2013. I purchased the car fresh out of restoration and installed the Power Steering after finding that all big blocks really need Power Steering. The pump is a rebuilt original and all other power steering parts were NOS. The car has less than 500 miles since restoration and starts, runs and drives great.

It's been in several local car shows and always gets a lot of attention. It is the only 427/425 HP car I have owned and it is much stronger and faster than a 1967 427/ 435HP car that I owned previously. Keep in mind that all 1966 Corvettes started out at their published HP rating as 450 HP at 6400 RPM. GM reduced the published rating to 425 HP at 5600 RPM because the insurance companies were charging premium rates to any car over 435 HP. No engine parts changed at the re rating.

I'm a very fussy retired engineer from Caterpillar and a NCRS judge. This is a genuine car as proven by it's listing as a 425/427 on page 379 of Noland Adams Restoration Guide. I have been a NCRS member for over 20 years and I have put two cars through NCRS judging. The car would be a second or third flight car if judged today as is. I do not have the protecto plate.
Let me know if you want any other info or photos or want to talk.

Regards,

Ed
Ed Korte
Tucson, AZ 85737
520-240 9174
Hello Ed; I applaud the honesty & disclosure you provided in explaining the background of your car as you have known it.

With this kind of owner transparence & background history, a potential buyer should find very comforting & reassuring. My Best Regards!, Mark
Old 12-24-2014, 10:10 AM
jimgessner
Safety Car

Received 638 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by sidepipe seeker
Hello Ed; I applaud the honesty & disclosure you provided in explaining the background of your car as you have known it.

With this kind of owner transparence & background history, a potential buyer should find very comforting & reassuring. My Best Regards!, Mark
Old 12-24-2014, 10:59 AM
crosskeystv
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Default 66 vette

Beautiful car, with the insurance loss, does the car still have original trim and vin tags
Old 12-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Ed Korte
Heel & Toe

Default Original trim and vin tags

Yes to the best of my knowledge.
ed
Old 12-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Ditto

Originally Posted by jimgessner

Also, L72s are indeed very quick......also thought that mine was quicker than my '67 L71, both cars with 4:11s. No longer own either car but that's another story.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Ed Korte
Heel & Toe

Hello all,
Price reduction to $89,900. Also now have history of wll owners with longest three back owning car from 1982 to 2011. Verified it has original engine and has always been a big block car.

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 1966 red/red 427/425 matching # full resto

Quick Reply: F/S 1966 red/red 427/425 matching # full resto